Rumor: Arthur Kaliyev to Ottawa?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
You might want to get one who doesn't get scored on 3 times per 60 minutes with heavy offensive zone deployment. That's not Phil Danault, it's Phil Kessel. Pinto isn't even average defensively yet.
I mean when was the last time they actually had a decent coach? Also he's young he will get better

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Chycrhun has been linked to LA for far too long. Would think that Kaliyev would be the lessor piece going the other way for him ____+ Kaliyev for Chychrun.

Would not be a fan but I could see Blake doing Spence + Kaliyev for Chycrhun and then Re-singing Roy and having no cap space for QB. Seems like a Blake thing to do.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: FSL KINGS

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
You might want to get one who doesn't get scored on 3 times per 60 minutes with heavy offensive zone deployment. That's not Phil Danault, it's Phil Kessel. Pinto isn't even average defensively yet.
Deployment has virtually no effect on goals allowed, and getting scored on 3 times per 60 minutes on one of the worst teams in the league isn't unusual or indicative of a poor defensive player.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Deployment has virtually no effect on goals allowed, and getting scored on 3 times per 60 minutes on one of the worst teams in the league isn't unusual or indicative of a poor defensive player.
Huh? The league average for players is 2.55. You don't think starting in the defensive zone is harder than starting in the offensive zone defensively? I'm not sure how anyone could think that. It absolutely means you get scored on more. It's why we started the Kuzmenko, Sharangovich, Huberdeau line exclusively in the offensive zone. They can't play defense.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Huh? The league average for players is 2.55.
I realize that. As he plays on a generally bad defensive team with poor goaltending Pinto's GA/60 is liable to be higher than the mean.
You don't think starting in the defensive zone is harder than starting in the offensive zone defensively? I'm not sure how anyone could think that.
We aren't comparing our thoughts. We're talking about statistics.
It absolutely means you get scored on more.
Again, the effect isn't significant:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
You mean the Pinto who was +9 in 41 games on a team that was -26.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I really don't see him getting that kind of value. He's a polarizing player to begin with, has limited utility and is trending in the wrong direction.

I see him going for a 4th, which is what you gamble on a flyer who you might end up waiving in-season.

That's probably more the value range on a player lik Kaliyev. But honestly, i don't know if he's the sort of guy that gets swapped for a pick. Think it's at least as likely that he gets swapped in a "change of scenery" deal for a different type of struggling young player/prospect at the fringes.

If there's somebody out there that wants to gamble on a mostly 1-dimensional "Scoring Role or bust" type goal-scorer. Looking for more of a "longshot" skill option. With a spare...more well-rounded, better suited to crash and bang bottom-6 play, PK, whatever, type forward. Or a really fringe defenceman. Or something in that vein.

I could see maybe the Preds, Kraken, Isles poking around. But not for much in return.

Actually...Kaliyev kind of strikes me as a bit of a classic Dubas gamble, on a cheap "distressed asset" sort of spare part. Could see the Penguins swapping something very expendable hoping they can play him with Malkin and magic happens or something.

Reactions: Senator Stanley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad