Player Discussion Artemi Panarin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019
So I heard this guy was a superstar? Haven't noticed him all series. Panthers play up on our guys, we back off theirs. BRILLIANT stragey by us. Where have I seen this before?

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
I ate a plate of it during the regular season, but now?

86.gif

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Since everyone is so obsessed this series with shot attempts how come nobody is mentioning that with Panarin on the ice at 5v5 yesterday the Rangers had 27 shot attempts, only allowed, 5, and had 72.4% of the xG? I thought he played a very good game yesterday.

Oh, right, cause it only matters if it fits the preconceived narrative.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Since everyone is so obsessed this series with shot attempts how come nobody is mentioning that with Panarin on the ice at 5v5 yesterday the Rangers had 27 shot attempts, only allowed, 5, and had 72.4% of the xG? I thought he played a very good game yesterday.

That'd be fine if it was game 5 of the regular season and we'd all like him to get going... but circumstances are a little different. He's THE offensive leader on the team. He put up 120 in the regular season and has been lacklustre in the playoffs (again).

How far can we expect to go when we're leaning on 2nd and 3rd tier guys when our top guys are consistently absent from the scoresheet?

Reactions: Brutananadilewski

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Marner will not solve the problem. We need a star forward with a track record of performing in tight playoff games.
Those have to be home grown. Trying to stock up on those after the fact is part of why we weren't in any way relevant from 1997 to 2006.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
If he was wearing a Roslovic jersey you'd be saying "damn, we got the bad version of Roslovic tonight".

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

I’m in a discord server with a bunch of people from HF, only a couple other HFNYR guys there and everyone there thinks Panarin has been our best player the past couple games. Sportsnet broadcast was saying so too. The analytics say so as well. Panarin has been good, Zibanejad has been awful and his body language and everything is too. Snapping his head back and stopped skating for a call while we had an empty net, and got shoved behind our net and went down like a tower of cards. Pathetic display, Panarin showed fight right til the very end getting into a scrum after the game ended

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004

Bc laffy and trocheck

That'd be fine if it was game 5 of the regular season and we'd all like him to get going... but circumstances are a little different. He's THE offensive leader on the team. He put up 120 in the regular season and has been lacklustre in the playoffs (again).

How far can we expect to go when we're leaning on 2nd and 3rd tier guys when our top guys are consistently absent from the scoresheet?
And to further your point, most of the time when you get deep into playoff series the top players on each team tend to cancel each other out and it turns into a series of how the mid and bottom tier players Excel. The issue is that our top-tier players are not producing at all and our mid-tier guys are having to match and beat Florida's top tier

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I’m in a discord server with a bunch of people from HF, only a couple other HFNYR guys there and everyone there thinks Panarin has been our best player the past couple games. Sportsnet broadcast was saying so too. The analytics say so as well. Panarin has been good, Zibanejad has been awful and his body language and everything is too. Snapping his head back and stopped skating for a call while we had an empty net, and got shoved behind our net and went down like a tower of cards. Pathetic display, Panarin showed fight right til the very end getting into a scrum after the game ended
Laffy and trocheck have been by far the best forwards that we've had

And I am absolutely willing to eat Crow on Vinny, he has exceeded everything I could have ever hoped from him and that signing, but unfortunately again all my complaints about bread are coming back when the games get tight.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

He's been the 3rd best player on his own line in those games and for this entire run.

He was awful for the last 2 periods yesterday after the 1st where he at least had jump. Game 4 wasn't that bad, but its not enough from mr. 11.6.

He isn't even drawing the tough matchups.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!

Sorry.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda only gets you so far.

When he accelerates with the puck, he does one of two things: skate to the side and wait for his linemates to set-up which results on the D to converge on him, or he skates to the side and takes a weak wrister.

I give Zibs more hell but he at least hit the post, or made Bob work for the save.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I'd have Panarin right with them and the fact the teams are trying to smother him opens up space for Laffy & Trocheck as well
I don't see it happening that way .
Maybe you're right, but maybe the answer is to move bread off that line and put somebody else there. By doing that they would force the Panthers to figure out how to match up. Put bread with wemberg and cuylle And then there's actually three lines that need to be considered to be matched up against. It's not like we can do anything even strength that is going to cause us issues, for the most part the team has been getting caved in at even strength.

Reactions: Callafan24

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019

This is playoffs. Wins and losses are what matter. Results are what matter. Not underlying analytics.

He's not playing like a f***ing 11.6 million dollar player in these playoffs. Not even remotely close. The results speak for themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad