Player Discussion Artem Zub (D) Part 2 [Extended 4 years @ $4.6M]

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Kleven had an unreal game on Monday. So he’s becoming less of a question mark. To me jbd and hamonic are still question marks. Though I don’t mind Hamonic in a strict 6 role especially with a more comfortable kleven.

This team definitely needs a strong 6-7 though. And at least one d man in the minors who you trust to come up and play decent hockey.
unreal?

lol

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I don't know how much evidence there is of any off-ice issues with Joseph. Certainly I haven't seen much of anything besides a few posters here mentioning he liked to party.

Personally I don't give a crap if he likes to have a good time post-game considering he was arguably the hardest working Senator during his time in Ottawa during actual games.

I mention Perron because I would have signed Amadio at 2.6M x 3YRs regardless of what we did with Joseph. That's a fair contract for a guy who should be a solid 3rd line forward for us. I had more of a problem with the Perron signing. He's old, Joseph out-scored him at even strength last year, and he doesn't bring the same assets to the table that Joseph did - mainly speed and forechecking ability - which are attributes we now lack in our lineup.
I still think there was something with Joseph, that's all I have though, a guess.

Perron brings Cup experience and hard work off ice. He brings a lot. Still not a fan of the signing that much though because of his age

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Branstrom can't make any team he goes to. Keeping him at 2 million would have been insane.

A small, offensive minded defenseman who can't score does not help this team when they lose their best defensive defenseman.

okay but didn't brannstrom play in the top 4 in similar circumstances the last 3 years when there injuries and play good hockey by the eye test and the numbers?

i agree 2m is is too much, but having a versatile 900k defenceman who has chemistry with everyone and has proven he can play in the top 4 without tanking the team would be invaluable right now.

instead we got hamonic on the top pair. and the entire season up for grabs because of it.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
okay but didn't brannstrom play in the top 4 in similar circumstances the last 3 years when there injuries and play good hockey by the eye test and the numbers?

i agree 2m is is too much, but having a versatile 900k defenceman who has chemistry with everyone and has proven he can play in the top 4 would be invaluable right now.

instead we got hamonic on the top pair. and the entire season up for grabs because of it.
That's where dorion didn't think it through and left us with very little via options on ELCs.

You have to have a couple of Brannstroms kicking around, or at least one on an elc

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
not to mention give a guy who should be retired an nmc.

just dorion things.
I was ok with the money, the term was not great. Rather pay more and do year by year.

That said, I really think hamonic will be solid this year - if he plays 45 games. Give him some time to get into game shape. If it's hard on Norris, it's hard on him too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad