Confirmed with Link: Artem Anisimov PTO

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Their center depth has been underwhelming for years now.
If the altenatives for 3C are Anisimov vs. Laughton vs. Laczynski vs. J. Cates .... oh boi... we are doomed.
Desnoyers better learn how to take faceoff at the pro level in a hurry.
Laughton can handle 3C.

The problems are 1C and 2C.

Hayes is a 2C who's going to be a 1C.

And they don't have anyone at 2C unless Morgan Frost takes a gigantic leap.

Reactions: Rebel247

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's a freakin' PTO.
Hayes 1C
Laughton 2C
Frost 3C
Laczynski 4C

Anisimov would be insurance if Laczynski's skating isn't NHL caliber, otherwise you're left with Brown or Desnoyers.
After that, there's Brooks and Marody.

Reactions: renberg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
It's a freakin' PTO.
Hayes 1C
Laughton 2C
Frost 3C
Laczynski 4C

Anisimov would be insurance if Laczynski's skating isn't NHL caliber, otherwise you're left with Brown or Desnoyers.
After that, there's Brooks and Marody.
What are you going on about?

No one in here is arguing as if he's being penciled into the lineup.

What we have seen is people make statements about the Center depth being shit now that Couturier is out which is unequivocally true.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't care how these two are labeled or who plays an extra 2 mins/game at ES, but if Laughton is given significantly higher quality wings than Frost in a lost season, that's one of the worst decisions they could make. They have to find out what they have.
Don't think it's a matter of "quality," but style.
I'd rather Frost stick with Cates and Tippett than play with JVR and Atkinson.
They allow him to play fast, which I think is his ticket to success, he hasn't shown good "half court" skills.

Laughton had 328 minutes with JVR (xGF 52.06%) and 103 minutes with Atkinson (48.06%), but only 14 minutes with both players.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
They allow him to play fast, which I think is his ticket to success, he hasn't shown good "half court" skills.

Laughton had 328 minutes with JVR (xGF 52.06%) and 103 minutes with Atkinson (48.06%), but only 14 minutes with both players.

It's reasonable to look at it that way, but when the inevitable injuries start hitting, I am concerned he's going to start playing with plugs. Doubly so if they deploy as a Top 6/Bottom 6. If they go with the superior First/Middle 6/Fourth, I'd have less concern.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Fletcher is currently taking measures to keep Cates from playing.

Rebel247

Mar 19, 2022
Oh man, of all times to be without that great Hextall draft pick, Rubstov.
Hexy, too funny. Wasted picks.
Frost’s time to shine.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You sure he didn't retire? There must be a reason deadhead keeps leaving him out of his predicted lineups
Last resort.

Though Brown played primarily with MacEwen, Willman, Lindblom and Thompson, doing him no favors, he wasn't very good.

I think I'd look at Marody or Brooks.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
It'll be good to have someone besides Atkinson who knows where to be and will be skating with the bottom six guys

• Haha
Reactions: Rebels57

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It'll be good to have someone besides Atkinson who knows where to be and will be skating with the bottom six guys
Just what you want...not good enough for the NHL at age 33, but at age 34 being good enough to be a Flyer.

But don't worry. It's just a PTO. He likely won't be signed. And if he does, he won't play. And if he plays, it's on the 4th line. And those minutes don't matter. And hell, if he plays in Oct and Nov, those games don't matter anyways.

So really, it just shows how smart Fletch is again. Always the thinker.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Torts is going to LOVE Browny.
Meh, Torts doesn't like players who can't aggressively forecheck - not sure Brown is fast enough.
If the Flyers are as bad as it looks, this season will be a "death march" where Torts pushes out those who can't keep up.
His focus will be on whom to keep for next season.

Reactions: renberg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Meh, Torts doesn't like players who can't aggressively forecheck - not sure Brown is fast enough.
If the Flyers are as bad as it looks, this season will be a "death march" where Torts pushes out those who can't keep up.
His focus will be on whom to keep for next season.

If Fletcher wants Brown on the roster he can make it happen by removing other options from availability. Sort of like how AV wanted to play Frost and Fletcher forced him to go with a shittier player instead.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Just what you want...not good enough for the NHL at age 33, but at age 34 being good enough to be a Flyer.

But don't worry. It's just a PTO. He likely won't be signed. And if he does, he won't play. And if he plays, it's on the 4th line. And those minutes don't matter. And hell, if he plays in Oct and Nov, those games don't matter anyways.

So really, it just shows how smart Fletch is again. Always the thinker.
What's brown what's lacinski? Depth guys. You add talent at the top and that pushes good guys down. And you don't have to worry about a camp plug from the khl replacing your favorite players.
Marginal players matter but in ways beyond the stat sheet too. Someone who knows the system and can be a coach on the ice is important. I'd rather see him in Lehigh or back in Russia but if these guys aren't up to speed we could lose valuable points early in the season
Not that we're a playoff team anyway but I hate the idea of going into any season with losing as a foregone conclusion

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
What's brown what's lacinski? Depth guys. You add talent at the top and that pushes good guys down. And you don't have to worry about a camp plug from the khl replacing your favorite players.
Marginal players matter but in ways beyond the stat sheet too. Someone who knows the system and can be a coach on the ice is important. I'd rather see him in Lehigh or back in Russia but if these guys aren't up to speed we could lose valuable points early in the season
Not that we're a playoff team anyway but I hate the idea of going into any season with losing as a foregone conclusion

Do you mean Anisimov? There is no level of on -ice direction he can provide that makes up for him not being an NHL player.

• Love
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
This is just asinine thinking.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Do you mean Anisimov? There is no level of on -ice direction he can provide that makes up for him not being an NHL player.
Which is why he's a pto and not a guarantee. It's a good camp body and if he wins out good for him. There's quite a few not NHL players in camp
This is just asinine thinking.

I'm not going to track Patrick brown if he gets claimed on waivers and throw his name around as if he were konecny. I want to put the team in the best position to succeed as best as they can with the players available. I can't help it I'm a fan

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Which is why he's a pto and not a guarantee. It's a good camp body and if he wins out good for him. There's quite a few not NHL players in camp

I'm not going to track Patrick brown if he gets claimed on waivers and throw his name around as if he were konecny. I want to put the team in the best position to succeed as best as they can with the players available. I can't help it I'm a fan
Adding non NHLers won't help the team win.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad