OT: Around the NHL: RIP Gordie Howe

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnar Staal

Mar 17, 2004
I bet you at least 29 other teams in the NHL are going to be chomping at the bit for a chance at Barrie.

And to think we could've drafted him instead of Philip Samuelsson... ugh.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I bet you at least 29 other teams in the NHL are going to be chomping at the bit for a chance at Barrie.

Really not in the mood to play the 'Look at Who Ray Could've Drafter in Round 2' game, because that might not even be the most depressing example. :cry:

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
I don't think they're bad but that stripe that doesn't go all the way around drives me nuts.

That and the socks are pretty awful on the players, the gold stripes are hard to distinguish so they just look like candy canes

florida-panthers-unveil-new-jerseys.jpg

BeautiPhil

Toronto Sun Model
Nov 23, 2010
Virginia
The Avs already have arguably the worst defense in the entire NHL. Now they're going to trade away Barrie, who is one of only 2 good defenseman that they have, just because he wants a little more money than they want to give. And then they'll probably replace him by signing John-Michael Liles to a 4-year $4million AAV deal.

That team is managed by morons.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
The Avs already have arguably the worst defense in the entire NHL. Now they're going to trade away Barrie, who is one of only 2 good defenseman that they have, just because he wants a little more money than they want to give. And then they'll probably replace him by signing John-Michael Liles to a 4-year $4million AAV deal.

Agreed. No idea what they are thinking.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Their fans cry internal cap structure and Newport Sports every time their management makes a dumbass decision like this.

Apparently they're never going to pay anyone more than 6 mil/year. Ever.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Well, I can only concluded that the Avs management sees the season as a means to a cushy lifestyle and an extra couple months of quality tee times.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Leave it to Shero to be obsessed with puck moving defensemen, yet pass on ones that excel at moving the puck.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I don't even know what Sakic and Co. are trying to build there. Every rumor you hear is about them moving players you'd think they want to build around, and in return for ... I'm not really sure.

Barrie's the latest one, but it seems Duchene is constantly talked about in trades.

A couple of years ago they looked like the up and coming dynasty, but since then they've let go of Stastny, O'Reilly, and soon to be Barrie and maybe Duchene, and replaced them with, what, exactly?

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Amazing that he played that long and was that productive later on his career. After the hockey season ended in his younger years, he would go home and work in his dad's construction business.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Amazing that he played that long and was that productive later on his career. After the hockey season ended in his younger years, he would go home and work in his dad's construction business.

Yep.

No big-time money back then. That's why he'll be the best all time to guys like the spoiled ones to come later on.

Imagine Gretzky or Mario carrying 100lbs bags of concrete under each arm and carrying them up a ladder to dump one at a time into the mixer?

I doubt they ever make it to 10 years.

RIP. Mr. Hockey.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Oh wow. Thanks.

I feel like the Avs and Rangers are going to do a lot of deals together. Namely, Stepan and likely one of their defenseman like Staal or Girardi since the Avs are desperate to fix both areas on their team - C depth and D all over.

Rangers have wanted a PMD type for a while too, has to be more coming the Rangers way though.

Rangers are desperate for a shake-up and literally everyone except a small handful are at play. If the Avs can net Girardi and another from that defense and drop Barrie as bait for them, they can really turn it around because man that Avs defense is a massive joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad