NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Clode blamed hardly for his use of 4rd liners on pp ))))
Habs 0-4
Galcheniuk already on his black list
Hahhhahaha i am so happy he is a habs

Heisenberg77

Jan 8, 2007
It's painfully obvious what NHL fans are in for this season; Terrible pace, horrible and inconsistent Penalty calls, tons of Challenge/Review problems and the constant adjustments made to all the rules/crackdowns.

Jack Edwadrds is going to have a field day.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I know these games don't mean anything, but geez 0-4? And the scores I've seen haven't even been close.

I question their direction. Hire Claude, but have Galchenyuk and Drouin as your #1 and #2 C? Not Smart

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It's painfully obvious what NHL fans are in for this season; Terrible pace, horrible and inconsistent Penalty calls, tons of Challenge/Review problems and the constant adjustments made to all the rules/crackdowns.

Jack Edwadrds is going to have a field day.

the game unfortunately has been trending in this direction for years now

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
And now TSN reports that up to eight teams have called Avs GM Joe Sakic about making a trade. According to TSN, the teams are believed to include Ottawa, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, Los Angeles, Nashville and Columbus.

Sakic apparently wants plenty for Duchene. New York’s Newsday reported that the Avs turned down an Islanders offer of defenseman Travis Hamonic, a first-round pick and a top prospect.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...anadiens_it_s_a_case_of_the_habs_and_hab_nots

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I question their direction. Hire Claude, but have Galchenyuk and Drouin as your #1 and #2 C? Not Smart

Jsut had to chime in. Drouin is playing as 1C. Galchenyuk is playing as 2LW, a position he's never looked great in. He's more productive at C but since CJ wants 2 way C's he should be playing RW.

And many Habs fans have been questioning the teams direction.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
And now TSN reports that up to eight teams have called Avs GM Joe Sakic about making a trade. According to TSN, the teams are believed to include Ottawa, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, Los Angeles, Nashville and Columbus.

Sakic apparently wants plenty for Duchene. New York’s Newsday reported that the Avs turned down an Islanders offer of defenseman Travis Hamonic, a first-round pick and a top prospect.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...anadiens_it_s_a_case_of_the_habs_and_hab_nots
Horrible decision by Sakic if true. In my opinion, Duchene's value right now should be a bit more than Lucic's at the time he was traded, but as time goes on, Duchene's value is probably taking a hit.
Jsut had to chime in. Drouin is playing as 1C. Galchenyuk is playing as 2LW, a position he's never looked great in. He's more productive at C but since CJ wants 2 way C's he should be playing RW.

And many Habs fans have been questioning the teams direction.
From an outsider's perspective, Bergevin has been the problem in Montreal for quite a while. He is responsible for the poor roster building, drafting, and trades in Montreal. He dealt his team's best prospect in Sergachev for a winger that has played maybe around a dozen, could be wrong on that number feel free to correct me, games at center in the NHL, and his team's season is dependent on if Drouin can become a two-way #1C because that is what Claude expects out of his centers. He made that trade instead of trading for a #1C like Duchene. Claude basically ruined Galchenyuk's value last season, like he did Spooner's here in Boston, by playing him at wing, not trusting him at center, and at times demoting him.

In my opinion, it doesn't seem like Claude and Bergevin are on the same page, at least Bergevin's moves for the most part do not reflect that. I wouldn't be surprised if Plekanec and Danault are your team's #1C and #2C at some point in the season. Montreal's teams have been overachieving with their roster for quite a while. I wouldn't be surprised if that's not the case this season.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Interesting to see an old familiar face Michael Hutchinson on waivers...looking at his stats he's had a couple rough seasons but did have that one really good year.

Not sure he is much of an improvement from Anton at this point.

But wasnt expecting to see him on waivers...guess I havent paid much attention to him though.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
the game unfortunately has been trending in this direction for years now

I watched a Kings/Ducks game a couple of nights ago in which there were no replay cameras. This may sound crazy, but my whole mindset watching was improved, knowing I didn't have to temper enthusiasm if a goal was scored, and also knowing every bit of minutia wouldn't be reviewed. I know, the new rule should help that.

But still, I enjoyed watching more just knowing there were no replays.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Fabbri out for the year for the Blues after reinjuring his knee. Yikes. Poor guy!

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/definitive-ranking-nhls-top-23-centres-three-seasons/

Many "top" or "best off" lists are based on opinions rather than set criteria. This one looks at the top centres in the league using measures and rankings related to the last 3 seasons to arrive at its top 23. The Bruins were one of just a few teams to have 2 players make the list. No one will likely be surprised that Bergeron is on the list but some surely will be when seeing Krejci's name appear. Article from SN.

UPDATE: apologies - having difficulty with attaching the article. Still trying to figure it out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad