NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This is Dale Tallon cleaning up the mess that was made in his one year off the job. This is him saying you way overpaid for this guy.

that`s what I figured, that organization has done some incredibly wacky things. Leave Tallon alone to do what he does best and good things happen

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Sampled some pre-season action tonight. LOTS of penalties being called, almost post-lockout levels. I imagine teams will want to make the necessary adjustments before the season starts so there aren't this many PP opportunities.

I've been a little out of the loop the last few weeks dealing with Hurricane Harvey and the aftermath, so I was unaware Ryan Malone was auditioning for the Minnesota Wild. He looked pretty good, netting the shootout winner. And with as tight as the playoff races are, that's what a vet like that can bring.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Sampled some pre-season action tonight. LOTS of penalties being called, almost post-lockout levels. I imagine teams will want to make the necessary adjustments before the season starts so there aren't this many PP opportunities.

I've been a little out of the loop the last few weeks dealing with Hurricane Harvey and the aftermath, so I was unaware Ryan Malone was auditioning for the Minnesota Wild. He looked pretty good, netting the shootout winner. And with as tight as the playoff races are, that's what a vet like that can bring.

Glad you could tune into what I would think may well be described as a pleasant distraction at this point. Easy for the outside world to move on to other daily events and somewhat forget what's happened when the reporters and the cameras go away. That's when the heart breaking work is just beginning for so many directly impacted by the hurricane. Hope you and your family, neighbours amd community are all ok and copying as best you can in trying to regain some semblance of a normal life. Wish you all well in bringing that about.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
This sucks for Ottawa

Everything is going bad for Ottawa this summer. First it was losing Methot, then it appears that Karlsson will miss the 1st month of the year due to his surgery, MacArthur not cleared medically to play and probably looking at retirement, and now the Colin White news.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Everything is going bad for Ottawa this summer. First it was losing Methot, then it appears that Karlsson will miss the 1st month of the year due to his surgery, MacArthur not cleared medically to play and probably looking at retirement, and now the Colin White news.

I forgot to mention that long time GM Brian Murray also passed away during the summer.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Glad you could tune into what I would think may well be described as a pleasant distraction at this point. Easy for the outside world to move on to other daily events and somewhat forget what's happened when the reporters and the cameras go away. That's when the heart breaking work is just beginning for so many directly impacted by the hurricane. Hope you and your family, neighbours amd community are all ok and copying as best you can in trying to regain some semblance of a normal life. Wish you all well in bringing that about.

Thanks so much Sharp Shooting Neely!

I have no idea why myself and my immediate family were so fortunate, since we live so close to the overburdened reservoir dam - but we did not flood. My small business will be very slow for a while, but I'm prepared to handle it (I think!).

I have taken my gloves and mask and helped friends gut flooded houses, and yes, it is heartbreaking. And it does put things in perspective regarding sports.

I'm not looking for sympathy, just prefacing my surprise at seeing Ryan Malone. Someone might ask 'Where have you been, living under a rock?'

And my answer would be, 'Well yes, I have been!' ;)

Sports are therapeutic in that they do provide at least temporary normalcy.

The only thing abnormal last night was somehow the Bruins beat the Canadiens. ;)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

They have had some bad things happen for sure. As for MacArthur, while I never want to see a guy`s career end due to concussions or any other reason, he lost any respect I had for him last year when he comes back from concussion and immediately hit a Bruin square from behind (can`t recall which Bruin it was?)

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
They have had some bad things happen for sure. As for MacArthur, while I never want to see a guy`s career end due to concussions or any other reason, he lost any respect I had for him last year when he comes back from concussion and immediately hit a Bruin square from behind (can`t recall which Bruin it was?)

I remember that hit also, but darned if I can recall which Bruin player it was. I do remember Kevin Miller exacting some revenge on MacArthur later in the series.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Marchand doesn't hold back on how he feels about the league face off rule change. From the TSN article:

"The National Hockey League has a mandate to crack down on faceoff violations this season and Brad Marchand isn't happy about it."

“This faceoff rule is an absolute joke,†the Boston Bruins winger said on Tuesday. “That’s how you ruin the game of hockey, by putting that in there. They’re gonna have to do something about that because we can’t play this year like that."

http://www.tsn.ca/marchand-rips-nhl-s-faceoff-crackdown-1.860826

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Josi named Preds captain. Good for him :)

Ellis "associate" captain. Can't say I've heard it called that, but sounds like Bergeron, where he's the permanent A and others rotate the other one.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia

Feel bad for the players, but you wont see me feeling sorry for that franchise. **** Ottawa. Cant stand them.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Devils forward Brian Boyle has been diagnosed with chronic myeloid leukemia

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/20759203/new-jersey-devils-forward-brian-boyle-diagnosed-leukemia

Just brutal.

I actually heard about this a couple days ago at Market Basket (Franklin Lakes, NJ), one of his relatives/friends (assuming) was there talking to the chef about it, so I googled it and it wasn't news yet so I thought they didn't know what they were talking about. Really unfortunate.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

They may be the frontrunners for Duchene though, and if they deal prospects for him, look out that team could really move up to right underneath the Penguins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad