NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Really? You are getting all that knowledge of his motivations, desires and actions from a single photo?

if you search the interwebz for less than 20 seconds you will come across multiple articles summarizing this situation, it isn`t like Duchene has made it clear he`s super pumped to still be part of the Avs

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I realize it's preseason but Vegas is up on Vancouver 4-2 at the end of the first.

And there has already been mention that Vancouver hasn't won a playoff series since 2011. :laugh:

Vegas has noted Bergeron super fan, Nick Suzuki, who wears #37. Good call, kid! Maybe he'll score two goals tonight. ;)

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I realize it's preseason but Vegas is up on Vancouver 4-2 at the end of the first.

And there has already been mention that Vancouver hasn't won a playoff series since 2011. :laugh:

Vegas has noted Bergeron super fan, Nick Suzuki, who wears #37. Good call, kid! Maybe he'll score two goals tonight. ;)

I really like Suzuki. One really really good positive for Vancouver is Boeser. He is going to be really good.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Suzuki wearing 17, thought it was 37.

Vegas up 5-2 now.

I don't particularly care for the white gloves.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
8-3 now. Suzuki with a nice goal just now on Demko. Wong with a hat trick.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Vancouver does the "woo!" after their goal announcement. I don't remember them doing that before? Gee, seems there's another team that does that...

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Vancouver does the "woo!" after their goal announcement. I don't remember them doing that before? Gee, seems there's another team that does that...

They have been doing that for a while..I thought it was silly considering the Bruins do it...I'm sure more than a few Nucks fans know that too...would bug me if I was a Vancouver fan...

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Joffery Lupul denies failing Physical. Says the Leafs "cheat, and everyone lets them" . This is huge! Hope leafs are fined. Lupul must be pissed. Good for him speaking out.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
It will sting if Boeser turns out better than Debrusk and Senyshyn.

Why? The Bruins have their own steal in Pastrnak. McAvoy also looks great. What about everyone who passed on Aho. No use getting worked up over the could have beens with the draft.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
It will sting if Boeser turns out better than Debrusk and Senyshyn.

That fanbase deserves it --their first 1st rounder in that draft isn't looking so hot and they took him over Tkachuk.

What WILL sting my (forever) is that we passed on Barzal after he dropped in our lap --I went from delirious to devastated 3xs within a few minutes. I keep getting told that Barzal isn't that good, so I guess we will see how it all plays out but he's passed my eyeball test at the WHL level. Barzal with Gabrielle on his wing for a decade would have been amazing for this Bruins fan; hopefully both kids make it and have long careers.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Why? The Bruins have their own steal in Pastrnak. McAvoy also looks great. What about everyone who passed on Aho. No use getting worked up over the could have beens with the draft.

I've never understood this argument, which is more deflection than anything else. I really want Debrusk and Senyshyn to succeed here, but if they don't live up to their potential, while others taken below them in the 2015 draft--the deepest one in more than a decade--turn out to be better, more productive players, then, yes, it will sting, especially given that Debrusk and Senyshyn were reaches.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
That fanbase deserves it --their first 1st rounder in that draft isn't looking so hot and they took him over Tkachuk.

What WILL sting my (forever) is that we passed on Barzal after he dropped in our lap --I went from delirious to devastated 3xs within a few minutes. I keep getting told that Barzal isn't that good, so I guess we will see how it all plays out but he's passed my eyeball test at the WHL level. Barzal with Gabrielle on his wing for a decade would have been amazing for this Bruins fan; hopefully both kids make it and have long careers.

Not only that, but, seeing as they selected a defenseman, they went with Juolevi over Sergachev and McAvoy.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I've never understood this argument, which is more deflection than anything else. I really want Debrusk and Senyshyn to succeed here, but if they don't live up to their potential, while others taken below them in the 2015 draft--the deepest one in more than a decade--turn out to be better, more productive players, then, yes, it will sting, especially given that Debrusk and Senyshyn were reaches.

Because the NHL draft is the hardest to get right. Some will be misses, others won't. Not going to get moved either way if someone behind them performs better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad