Around the NHL: Post-Draft and Free Agent Frenzy

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
It absolutely does not feel like Jokiharju has been around long enough to have played nearly 350 games.
I know. That was probably the biggest surprise for me. He obviously had games in Chicago but it's crazy to see how many he already has under his belt in total.

michaelsaas

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Mightve been posted here already. It's really nice time see that no Sabres are at the top of the list anymore, just some rando's in other teams

472578957_2baae7e0b1_n.jpg

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Posting here because I don't have hockey prospect nerd friends irl:

Sitting next to Rutger McGroarty in the Detroit airport. Thought about putting in a good word for the Sabres for a split second...
"Hey Ruts, you interested in headed over to that place and getting some wings? They've got great blue cheese. Wait! Listen! Whoa, that's a great Goo Goo Dolls song!"

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

"His progress I keep hearing is very positive that he's going to be out of the program," Waddell told First Up on TSN 1050 Thursday. "Unfortunately, as the team, you don't get much information from doctors. I get most of my information from the agent so I've got to take it first hand that he knows the situation because he talks to Patrik.

"Patrik's made it clear that, even before all the changes this summer, he would like a fresh start someplace. We will look at it when the time comes - which hopefully is very soon - all the options. Now, I can't rule out any options, even returning here because it takes two teams to make a trade and if there's not a trade that makes any sense to us, then we have to just deal with what reality is.

"[Laine's agent] Andy Scott told him multiple times that we will make sure we look at everything and know the situation, and we know Patrik's feelings and we can find the right fit, certainly we will do that. But, if not, we'll have to just deal with it."

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Sometimes I think this subforum can get pretty bad. But then I see threads like this and realize maybe you morons aren’t so bad after all

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Sometimes I think this subforum can get pretty bad. But then I see threads like this and realize maybe you morons aren’t so bad after all

A guy doesn't want to play in Toronto? Boo him!

A guy doesn't want to leave Toronto? Boo him!

Am I doing it right?

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

I am reminded of something Ole Anderson once said to Jim Cornette: "Jim, I used to think you were a dumb f*** but so many other dumb f***s have come around since that you moved up the ladder without even trying."

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Well, he’s got a position above Stan Bowman in Edmonton so I don’t think that’s gonna ever happen.
Ah, I obviously didn't know. Maybe we can offer him the role of supreme ceo and a room in the yacht then?

Edit: If he was involved in hiring Bowman I'd rather not. Blergh.

Reactions: Chainshot

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

This makes every Sabres deal look amazing to me. Dahlin only makes 2.5 more than Faber after his one half of a great year followed by half of a bad one? Amazing! Power makes less now? Amazing! Every single forward makes (at least) more than a million less? Amazing! Our goalie pair no matter who it is make over 2.5 less? Amazing!

Reactions: Dingo44

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
This makes every Sabres deal look amazing to me. Dahlin only makes 2.5 more than Faber after his one half of a great year followed by half of a bad one? Amazing! Power makes less now? Amazing! Every single forward makes (at least) more than a million less? Amazing! Our goalie pair no matter who it is make over 2.5 less? Amazing!

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastically optimistic or not. :huh::laugh:

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Is this an endorsement for Kevyn?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad