Around the NHL - (Playoffs Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I also don't mind McDavid not coming out. Personally I don't think he should have won the CS, but in that moment I can see a player not feeling like they deserve it. Could also be the sign of a good leader, not wanting recognition when his team just lost. Win as a team, lose as a team. I'm just kind of happy the NHL let him refuse.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Why is everyone jacked on the Canada drought? Just for the lul of it?
I don't really get it either. It kind of makes me sad.

I was hoping the Oilers would win, but I didn't want the Panthers to blow a 3-0 lead. That would have been rough. Good for Barkov, good for Maurice.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
mcdavid looks weak for not coming out and accepting the CS. jiggy did it on the verge of tears in a sea of booing devils fans. now that's toughness

zj12cr0s8a471.jpg

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'd actually actively root for Ottawa (unless it's a finals rematch). That fan base has been through a lot. And I've never had a bad experience with their fans
Ehh. They've been good lately. But during the initial rise of Erik Karlsson they were. I think the least flamey way I can put it is they were a difficult fanbase to interact with.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Anyway. Happy for the first time winners. Happier that the Oilers lost and were denied, arguably, the biggest comeback in NHL history.

McDavid looked awful relative to his standards. The double shifting treatment caught up with him at the worst possible time.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
What a final, omg. Cannot be more happier as a fan without a horse in the race.
McDavid with a legendary run, given the scoring differences, it should be up for the best playoff performance ever, right?

Saw that Perry and Monty had a long hug and convo at the handshake line. Great to see.
Let's sign Pears and go to the finals next year. We need that size, scoring and right handedness :laugh:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Wouldn't shock me if he was playing hurt the last two rounds, really.
Me neither. But I think that's more likely for Draisaitl. McDavid was still handling the puck and roving the offensive zone the way he usually does but his timing was off and he got caught or blocked by defenders a lot more often than he usually does. To me it just looked like honest fatigue.

Draisaitl looked like he could barely function. At most he would do a loop behind the net to change positions or get up a few times here and there on the forecheck but past that it was a lot of standing around and waiting for the puck to come to him. I think he probably had a back issue cause he could still skate fine but I could see if it was a radiating pain limiting him. I mean that's just wild speculation but to me he was far less of a positive factor than McDavid in the finals.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Me neither. But I think that's more likely for Draisaitl. McDavid was still handling the puck and roving the offensive zone the way he usually does but his timing was off and he got caught or blocked by defenders a lot more often than he usually does. To me it just looked like honest fatigue.

Draisaitl looked like he could barely function. At most he would do a loop behind the net to change positions or get up a few times here and there on the forecheck but past that it was a lot of standing around and waiting for the puck to come to him. I think he probably had a back issue cause he could still skate fine but I could see if it was a radiating pain limiting him. I mean that's just wild speculation but to me he was far less of a positive factor than McDavid in the finals.

I hope the injuries come out, very curious with Drai.

Reactions: HanSolo

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Saw that Perry and Monty had a long hug and convo at the handshake line. Great to see.
Let's sign Pears and go to the finals next year. We need that size, scoring and right handedness :laugh:

If we sign Perry, we make the Finals but lose. Ill take it. Sounds like he is going to continue to play from what they said on the broadcast last night, so we will see who the lucky team is punching their ticket to a Finals loss.

At least Perry has won 1. Can you imagine being known as the guy who made it to 5, 6, 7 Cup Finals never won one?

Reactions: lwvs84
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Ehh... I only watched highlights for the first three and then switched to full replays. I almost thought I was the reason why things went the way they did, but I could not have allowed myself to miss Edmonton losing in the SC final :sarcasm:

But really though, I don't even hate the current Oilers that much, I just like the Panthers so much more. Happy for Florida and their fans! A bit sad for Perry though.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
If we sign Perry, we make the Finals but lose. Ill take it. Sounds like he is going to continue to play from what they said on the broadcast last night, so we will see who the lucky team is punching their ticket to a Finals loss.

At least Perry has won 1. Can you imagine being known as the guy who made it to 5, 6, 7 Cup Finals never won one?
That's good good that Ducks team was... they could overcome the curse of Perry. Even McDavid and Drai weren't good enough :laugh:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I wonder if we're hoping that Myatovic would become a McLeod type of a player. He also didn't had too great production in juniors, has similar size and apparemtly strengths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad