Around the NHL - (Playoffs Edition)

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I figured a lot would disagree. I don’t find that match up compelling at all. Also haven’t had bad interactions with their fans
You can venture into the game thread on Reddit to get a look, lol. Refs make one bad call because they thought they saw something that wasn't there and the entire thread explodes with a fiery ranting hatred towards the refs and the other team that lasts for the entire period.

Place is full of aggravating fans convinced of a grand conspiracy against their team with a level of entitlement only inhabitants of a big city convinced that their city is the centre of the universe and their team the most important sports team of all time can bring out.

I absolutely loathe that kind of behaviour, and Rags fans have always embodied that. Most entitled fanbase after the Alberta teams.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
You can venture into the game thread on Reddit to get a look, lol. Refs make one bad call because they thought they saw something that wasn't there and the entire thread explodes with a fiery ranting hatred towards the refs and the other team that lasts for the entire period.

Place is full of aggravating fans convinced of a grand conspiracy against their team with a level of entitlement only inhabitants of a big city convinced that their city is the centre of the universe and their team the most important sports team of all time can bring out.

I absolutely loathe that kind of behaviour, and Rags fans have always embodied that. Most entitled fanbase after the Alberta teams.
Admittedly I haven’t visited their Reddit but I’d figure a lot of subs are like that. Reddit might even be more extreme because it’s not as integrated with other hockey fans as HF is. I don’t really have a problem with that tho, essentially it comes down to passionate fans wanting their team to win. At least here, I don’t find Rangers fans entitled and I’d say Vancouver fans are more entitled here than Oilers fans (annoying but wouldn’t say entitled and Flames fans (very few). Canucks fans are very entitled and have that air of superiority that a lot of people from Vancouver, and more broadly british columbia, have.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
What an anticlimax of an ending, good grief lol. Goes to show that this really is a game where you just want shots on the goal, every single one may count.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
We're not in the playoffs (as usual), there is nothing to talk about except arguing about who's draft list has the prospects ranked properly, so a song being used to troll is news, I guess. People need to have thicker skins.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Are the Stanley Cup playoffs going later into the year? I remember the Ducks playing the Red Wings in the 2007 WCF on Mother's Day, the first game of the SCF was on Memorial Day and they won the Stanley Cup in the first week of June (6/6/07).

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Can we go back to the good ole days of Eakins vs Cronin?????
1716868991255.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Bender66

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Funny, I'm really hoping that we do. Rags fans are absolutely insufferable.
It's been getting bad. Especially with all the defending of Chickenwing Trouba. Oh but a suspension would be doing us a favor, he sucks! Then why defend a known head hunter?

Reactions: Dryish

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad