Around the NHL - (Playoffs Edition)

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Wow, what a come back from the Deranged Oreo Dolphins. Lol.
gorilla-worry.gif

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Henrique was pretty rough to begin this period. Missed a tip on a clear that led to an icing then just threw the puck away in the middle that kept his line from changing.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
It’s weird because if you look at the shot totals the Kings dominated, and yet there was never a point in the final 15 minutes of that game (IMO at least) that I thought they threatened to where they were going to tie the game

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalv and Rybread86

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
This is the story every year for the Leafs. It was crazy 3 years ago. It is insane now for them, I wonder if changes are finally coming

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
This is the story every year for the Leafs. It was crazy 3 years ago. It is insane now for them, I wonder if changes are finally coming
I don't think you can win with all 4 of those guys. They're all very soft, underperform in the playoffs and take up most of your cap. Marchand makes less than each of them and is honestly more valuable in the playoffs than all combined.

Some players just hate to lose and I don't think any of those 4 really fit into that category and that makes it difficult for the team to win when you got guys like Marchand / Thakuck who look like they would push their own grandmother down a flight of stairs if it meant they had a better chance at winning.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I don't think you can win with all 4 of those guys. They're all very soft, underperform in the playoffs and take up most of your cap. Marchand makes less than each of them and is honestly more valuable in the playoffs than all combined.

Some players just hate to lose and I don't think any of those 4 really fit into that category and that makes it difficult for the team to win when you got guys like Marchand / Thakuck who look like they would push their own grandmother down a flight of stairs if it meant they had a better chance at winning.
Lol at the last sentence but yeah. I wonder what excuse they will come up this year but they are clearly not carrying the team none of the years, it seems. Dubas gave in and prized them with huge contracts early on and in the regular season they're earning it but yeah, as you said, they don't have the drive as some others. That tweet says that Marchand actually has more points than them combined albeit he earns less than any of them.

Gotta appreciate at least a bit of what Pat tries to build, it's very different from that. Comes with its own set of problems but at least I can appreciate the plan.

Reactions: Hamilton Bulldogs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad