Around the NHL: Part XVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Every team loses these kind of guys. While Graves didn't really do anything to deserve getting traded he also hardly lit the world on fire during his stint here. It happens

I get it and yes it happens all the time where teams lose the Graves types often.

It’s not often however that a team has as superb of an offseason that Sakic had to where he has rebuilt the Avalanche from pretty much a one line team albeit a talented one to a team now that is loaded with depth, can withstand injuries and looks very capable of having a long sustained playoff run come April.

No misgivings on my part, merely stating that Graves added to Burakovsky, Donskoi, Kadri and Bellamore is symbiotic of Sakic’s golden touch the past few seasons...that’s all

OthmannOut

Jan 29, 2019
Based on the wording of the statement, I’m going to baselessly speculate he made moves on a female employee.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
**** the “Cancel Culture” stuff about Montgomery, I wanna know about the supposed 4 point proposal bull****.
From: https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-commissioner-gary-bettman-board-of-governors-1.5389645

Included in the proposed plan:
  • Teams will be required to immediately report any incidents of inappropriate behaviour by club personnel that has been brought to their attention. Failure to do so will result in "severe discipline," according to Bettman.
  • Swift and severe punishment for those involved in any future or past incidents that are brought to the NHL's attention.
  • A mandatory annual counselling program that all NHL coaches, assistant coaches, minor league coaches, general managers and assistant general managers must attend. The program, which will be created by professionals in the field outside of the NHL, will focus on consciousness-raising, education and training on diversity and inclusion. The players association and coaches association will be consulted in the formation of the program as well.
  • The formation of a disciplinary counsel that will be run under the direction of NHL executive vice-president Kim Davis.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
  • A mandatory annual counselling program that all NHL coaches, assistant coaches, minor league coaches, general managers and assistant general managers must attend. The program, which will be created by professionals in the field outside of the NHL, will focus on consciousness-raising, education and training on diversity and inclusion. The players association and coaches association will be consulted in the formation of the program as well.

So... a mandatory flash video with questions after every section.

"Is it appropriate to kick players?" "Yes?" "No?"

"If a player is seemingly depressed should you..." "...attack them personally." or "...attack them privately" or "...make up a reason to trade them."

Reactions: Riche16

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
From: https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-commissioner-gary-bettman-board-of-governors-1.5389645

Included in the proposed plan:
  • Teams will be required to immediately report any incidents of inappropriate behaviour by club personnel that has been brought to their attention. Failure to do so will result in "severe discipline," according to Bettman.
  • Swift and severe punishment for those involved in any future or past incidents that are brought to the NHL's attention.
  • The formation of a disciplinary counsel that will be run under the direction of NHL executive vice-president Kim Davis.
SJWs taking over hockey now. NOT GOOD.

Reactions: Paulie Walnutz

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
I'm all for exposing abuse and the mistreatment of players, etc, but I dont think the counseling is gonna be very much help. The kind of person it takes to be doing the controversial things we've been reading about lately already knows its wrong and very likely doesnt care.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I'm all for exposing abuse and the mistreatment of players, etc, but I dont think the counseling is gonna be very much help. The kind of person it takes to be doing the controversial things we've been reading about lately already knows its wrong and very likely doesnt care.

Unfortunately, in a situation like this, you do have to be able to show that you're taking it serious, and have a line drawn in the sand when someone inevitably crosses it.

But I think most people would agree with your take that you're not going to turn an asshole into an angel.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Nope. Not his fault Brooksy used to get beat up at a bus stop.

I think it is worth pointing out that some coaches will still be hard asses out there. I don't think this is some plot to create a kinder-gentler NHL or create safe spaces for players.

But I do think there's some stuff that needs to be cleaned up a bit --- and that might be an understatement.

In the case of Montgomery, it doesn't appear to have been abuse or something that particularly falls under what the NHL is outlining.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad