Around the NHL (Part XVIII) - Tankiest tank to have ever tanked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothingman*

Pfffft..... Center Ice. GCL is where it's at.

I am with you. I use my iPad and Apple TV to get everything. This way when I am in a hotel somewhere I can still watch. And I like the choice of home or away feed too. But if I didn't travel so much I would prolly get CI.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Dude.

You were the one who measured Boychuk's worth purely in terms of offensive output in this post:

I don't see anything there as far as his defensive acumen is concerned.

Boychuk isn't a great Dman IMO, but he's more proven and consistent than any of the guys that Boston has tried to replace him with.

Also, the Leddy deal wasn't a smart deal. They bet on Oduya's floor over Leddy's ceiling with the the hope that the long-term loss would reap a short-term win. Thus far, it hasn't work out that way at all.

Because all Boychuk has is an offensive game, it's not like he is a defensive all star.

The Leddy deal was a smart deal, they got a great prospect for a guy who wasn't going to be signed long term. They would have got very little in return for Oduya, so getting an asset for your 5th Dman is a good deal.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Crosby gets in a fight after a frustrating night so far and the announcer credits him for showing great leadership. Makes sense. I've never been a fan of that being viewed as leadership. Just seems dumb to say that, no matter who it is.

Last edited:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Wow. Pens get a power play with 3 and a half left at 1-1 and after a pretty dangerous first minute and a half for the Pens Dubinsky gets a shorty off a Pens turnover to give CBJ the lead.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Bolland gets a cascade of boos from the Habs fans and wins it for the Beachhawks in the shootout. :laugh:

They're 1 point back of Boston now.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
So for anyone who hates the outdoor games I just have this to say to you...

quoth.gif

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
NHL launches its new Enhanced Statistics for its Stats section today..This is a project to roll out in 4 phases over the next year in collaboration with the data systems designer firm SAP..No more Corsi and Fenwick....they get new names. ..Shot Attempts and Unblocked Shot Attempts respectively...There will be 35 new metrics tracked in addition to the prior stats tracked...but I am not sure if these new ones refer to this first of four installments presented or the entire four installments by the time the last one rolls.out...In any case stats junkies will have more and easier access to data to evaluate their favourite team and players. ...finally...But will they provide my favourite eyeball test stat that I cannot find anywhere...that is the infamous FAILURE TO CLEAR ...which is never counted as a turnover...yet that is exactly what it does. ..there are 2 such situations...In ES when players try to CLEAR zone to relieve the pressure rather than a pass attempt to their teammates to start a transition attack to the opponent zone but the Clear attempt fails and.is intercepted or kept in the zone by the opponent....happens less often in ES...or in PK situations where this occurs much more frequently as teams cannot get icing calls on Clears that go all the way down past the opposition end.line..This latter stat situation is especially crucial in evaluating Dmen in PK effectiveness because successful Clears reduce time puck kept in their zone by opponent PP and thus requires less energy expenditure by the PK unit desperately trying to.prevent a goal as.puck kept in their zone too long..But I do not expect this stat to be added.in this roll-out...hopefully by the end of the installments. ..but if.not they should try tracking Failure to CLEAR on the Pk because surely Seabrook would be king of that stat...at least on the eyeball test.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Release time for the new enhanced stats on just a few minutes from now at 2pm Eastern time...Read on another newspaper that it will have 45 not the 35 new metrics I saw from a different paper and that it will take a few years before the entire project is finished via roll-out of more coming...The next upgrade supposed to be April 20th when graphics will be added.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Kaner needs to stop slumping or he's going to blow his chance at the Ross. Ovie and Backstrom have pretty much caught him and Tavares is right behind.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
This is only the 5th time all year Kane's gone pointless for two straight games, and he hasn't gone pointless in three straight yet. He should hopefully get at least a point tonight.

Hardly a slump.

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
This is only the 5th time all year Kane's gone pointless for two straight games, and he hasn't gone pointless in three straight yet. He should hopefully get at least a point tonight.

Hardly a slump.

Richards is on fumes... I hope he can keep enough in the tank to last for the playoffs, though I doubt it.

Image Kane with a waiter like Adam Oates..... lions and tigers and bears oh my !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad