Around the NHL (Part XVIII) - Tankiest tank to have ever tanked

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Flyers take down the Preds in a shootout.

And you know I don't think I've ever watched a Flyers game in the last two years that I didn't wish Simmonds was on the Hawks.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
They have a level of mental toughness, professional pride and desire that's refreshing to see.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Tarasenko is going to tear this league apart when he hits his prime.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Yeah. Theyre currently built around a scoring winger and a 2nd pair Dman masquerading as a 1D. Theyre going nowhere with that core. Gather up as many picks and prospects as possible and rebuild.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Yeah. Theyre currently built around a scoring winger and a 2nd pair Dman masquerading as a 1D. Theyre going nowhere with that core. Gather up as many picks and prospects as possible and rebuild.

Also, outside Nylander, their prospect pool as it stands is pretty weak.

They don't have much of a choice by try to do an actual rebuild.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
So everyone in the Central who played today lost and St. Louis didn't even get a loser point. I like it.

Always like seeing rivals lose, but Im 99% certain the Blackhawks are locked in at the 3rd slot.

Though...tanking to the wildcard and playing the Pacific division is looking like a better option every day. LA is the only tough team in that division. Compare that to Nashville, St Louis and Winnipeg...

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
So... the Wings/Stars game was.... uh... interesting.

Dagger, you might want to keep your eyes away from the box score on that one, as I know you're a goalie fan.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
It was a mistake for San Jose not to do a full rebuild. They probably wont make it to the playoffs, but they aren't bad enough to get a top 10 draft pick in one of the better draft years.

They should have traded away half the team during this past offseason. Let the few unmovables (Thornton) and the few highly gifted young players (Hertl) play. Trade everybody else.

That team is not good enough to win a cup.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I can't believe there were posters doubting that team. They've proved it time and time again. There's no doubt they'll get in.

Probably more wishful thinking than anything else.

It was a mistake for San Jose not to do a full rebuild. They probably wont make it to the playoffs, but they aren't bad enough to get a top 10 draft pick in one of the better draft years.

They should have traded away half the team during this past offseason. Let the few unmovables (Thornton) and the few highly gifted young players (Hertl) play. Trade everybody else.

That team is not good enough to win a cup.

...and I don't think their prospect pool is anything to write home about is it?

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I can't believe there were posters doubting that team. They've proved it time and time again. There's no doubt they'll get in.

More than that.

They should be considered one of the favorites to win the cup. Certainly ahead of the Blackhawks, at least.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
...and I don't think their prospect pool is anything to write home about is it?

Hockey's Future currently has them listed at #24 in the league. Take that for what you will. Even if they are a bit better than that, I doubt they would have a top 10 prospect pool.

Canadian Wampa

Feb 1, 2012
Honestly, for the most part I'm pretty glad Stan doesn't ever trade our 1st round picks. The Rangers haven't picked in the first round since 2012 and won't pick again this year. The Blues and Pens both didn't have one in 2013 and won't have one this year. It might not be a big deal right now, but I'm sure teams will start feeling the impact 5-6 years from now. The only redeeming thing is winning the cup due to a trade.

Canadian Wampa

Feb 1, 2012
Caps PP, which is 2nd in the league is going up against the Philly PK, which is 28th, and they can't even enter the zone. It genuinely looked worse than our worst PP this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad