Around the NHL - Part XLIII

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Oh no, I already I got banned on day one of the early release. My name was Kim Jong Goon and I got a 7 day ban for it so I had to create another account to play this week. What a joke EA is, no sense of humor whatsoever. Kim Jong Goon is funny as shit.
I loled irl

Cam Neely saying they offered Swayman 8x8.

I really hope the Bruins stick to their guns and drive down goalie compensation.

An aging Neely looking like a eastern European version of Most Interesting Man in the World.

Sway thirsty, my friend.

• Haha
Reactions: Paulie Walnutz

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Who on the Rangers is reacting this way after a loss in the playoffs? The list of candidates is very short:

What about all the years that people called McDavid a personality-less robot? Let's not pretend to know who says what in the Rangers locker room, or pretend that the canned post-game/fluff piece interviews are any player's true personality.

But to answer your question: Kreider, Trouba, Tro, Lindgren, Fox strike me as guys who would speak up to try to fire up the team or get guys to lock in. How many guys do you want to be on that list? You can't have the entire team just yelling at each other.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: RangersFan1994

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
What about all the years that people called McDavid a personality-less robot? Let's not pretend to know who says what in the Rangers locker room.
I mean, it’s pretty obvious that Trouba does stuff like this. The team knows he’s sucks but they are pretty open about him bringing this to the table at least.

The issue is, I really do think you need your best players to feel this way. Winning at this level happens on the margins and “wanting it more” really is a thing when most of the other stuff is equal.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I would have thought most players would react like McDavid, at least internally. Be upset, swear a lot, focus on the next one.
That all seemed pretty run of the mill for mine

Reactions: Kords

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I mean, it’s pretty obvious that Trouba does stuff like this. The team knows he’s sucks but they are pretty open about him bringing this to the table at least.

The issue is, I really do think you need your best players to feel this way. Winning at this level happens on the margins and “wanting it more” really is a thing when most of the other stuff is equal.
Don’t let Machinehead see this

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
What about all the years that people called McDavid a personality-less robot? Let's not pretend to know who says what in the Rangers locker room, or pretend that the canned post-game/fluff piece interviews are any player's true personality.

But to answer your question: Kreider, Trouba, Tro, Lindgren, Fox strike me as guys who would speak up to try to fire up the team or get guys to lock in. How many guys do you want to be on that list? You can't have the entire team just yelling at each other.
It's probably not a good thing to have a whole team yelling at each other like that, but they do need someone who have the gravitas/respect in the room who can say; "We need to get going; jump on my back boys; I'll get us through this and we'll win this series" and have everyone actually listen and jump on board.

Trouba would be a candidate for this, but he doesn't have the pedigree on the ice to have it carry much weight. It needs to be a high end player. I doubt Panarin/Zibanejad would be the type to do this; it just isn't a part of their personality.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
It's probably not a good thing to have a whole team yelling at each other like that, but they do need someone who have the gravitas/respect in the room who can say; "We need to get going; jump on my back boys; I'll get us through this and we'll win this series" and have everyone actually listen and jump on board.

Trouba would be a candidate for this, but he doesn't have the pedigree on the ice to have it carry much weight. It needs to be a high end player. I doubt Panarin/Zibanejad would be the type to do this; it just isn't a part of their personality.
That's the reason Trouba got the C in NY. He seems to have the personality for just that and filled the role of a leader. The lack of a captain for 5 years or whatever does speak to the general temperament of the room, I would agree with that. No one wanted to grab the bull by the horns. The team was Kreider's and he clearly turned down the opportunity to be labeled as the leader. I could only imagine Zib was offered it as well. No one has had that truly dominant trait in them until Trouba got here and said "f*** it, I'll do it." Hank was that in days past. I feel like Laf could get there someday if things break the right way and he keeps developing.

It will be interesting to see who the team chooses as captain after Trouba. Fox is the obvious choice as an outsider and based on play, but depending on how Laf looks and plays this season he could also enter that conversation.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

Trouba, Kreider, Trocheck, Lafy, Lindgren, Igor, Quick, Fox I think would all say something that gets the team to take notice. Maybe someone like Cuylle Rempe Schneider out of the younger less experienced players. I think Smith would say something since he has won before. Maybe Chytil since he has been here for a while now.

Panarin no English excuse, Mika rather be a DJ, Kakko it was a nice lockeroom speech.

Ben Grimm

No sugar tonight in my coffee! 🏒
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Obviously, a GM of average intelligence would have signed Swayman before trading Ullmark. I have a friend who has worked in NHL front offices. He says that some people who work in non-Bs front offices want the Bs to get the last wild card slot, so Neely doesn't get fired, because Cam's intellect is such a huge advantage to all the other teams.

Off topic, if you look at Cam's career, he didn't deserve the HHoF. He has no SCs, his only trophy is a Masterton, and he scored less than 700 points. Bob Gainey won 5 SCs, 4 Selkes, a Smythe, was on the 100th anniversary team, and defensively Neely was no Bob Gainey.

Ben Grimm

No sugar tonight in my coffee! 🏒
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I hate matte helmets, look like some cheap BMX helmet. They are especially ugly seeing a game in person.
1728030052064.png

1728030214850.png

So, helmets that have that cheap shiny plasticky look are better than the matte helmets pictured above? Have you ever been right about anything?

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
So, helmets that have that cheap shiny plasticky look are better than the matte helmets pictured above? Have you ever been right about anything?
Football one looks a bit better but yes those Canucks ones are hideous. Have you seen them in person? I'm from Vancouver, so I have several times. They look far worse in person to me than on TV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad