Around the NHL - Part XLIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Oh no, I already I got banned on day one of the early release. My name was Kim Jong Goon and I got a 7 day ban for it so I had to create another account to play this week. What a joke EA is, no sense of humor whatsoever. Kim Jong Goon is funny as shit.
I loled irl

Cam Neely saying they offered Swayman 8x8.

I really hope the Bruins stick to their guns and drive down goalie compensation.

An aging Neely looking like a eastern European version of Most Interesting Man in the World.

Sway thirsty, my friend.

• Haha
Reactions: Paulie Walnutz

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Who on the Rangers is reacting this way after a loss in the playoffs? The list of candidates is very short:

What about all the years that people called McDavid a personality-less robot? Let's not pretend to know who says what in the Rangers locker room, or pretend that the canned post-game/fluff piece interviews are any player's true personality.

But to answer your question: Kreider, Trouba, Tro, Lindgren, Fox strike me as guys who would speak up to try to fire up the team or get guys to lock in. How many guys do you want to be on that list? You can't have the entire team just yelling at each other.

Last edited:

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
What about all the years that people called McDavid a personality-less robot? Let's not pretend to know who says what in the Rangers locker room.
I mean, it’s pretty obvious that Trouba does stuff like this. The team knows he’s sucks but they are pretty open about him bringing this to the table at least.

The issue is, I really do think you need your best players to feel this way. Winning at this level happens on the margins and “wanting it more” really is a thing when most of the other stuff is equal.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I would have thought most players would react like McDavid, at least internally. Be upset, swear a lot, focus on the next one.
That all seemed pretty run of the mill for mine

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I mean, it’s pretty obvious that Trouba does stuff like this. The team knows he’s sucks but they are pretty open about him bringing this to the table at least.

The issue is, I really do think you need your best players to feel this way. Winning at this level happens on the margins and “wanting it more” really is a thing when most of the other stuff is equal.
Don’t let Machinehead see this

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
What about all the years that people called McDavid a personality-less robot? Let's not pretend to know who says what in the Rangers locker room, or pretend that the canned post-game/fluff piece interviews are any player's true personality.

But to answer your question: Kreider, Trouba, Tro, Lindgren, Fox strike me as guys who would speak up to try to fire up the team or get guys to lock in. How many guys do you want to be on that list? You can't have the entire team just yelling at each other.
It's probably not a good thing to have a whole team yelling at each other like that, but they do need someone who have the gravitas/respect in the room who can say; "We need to get going; jump on my back boys; I'll get us through this and we'll win this series" and have everyone actually listen and jump on board.

Trouba would be a candidate for this, but he doesn't have the pedigree on the ice to have it carry much weight. It needs to be a high end player. I doubt Panarin/Zibanejad would be the type to do this; it just isn't a part of their personality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad