Around the NHL - Part XLIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Pare wasn't hurt though. He skated away and he might even have been smirking. Unless a player is swinging a stick if there's no injury there's almost never a suspension.

Tonight the Rangers play a Devils team pretty much made of minor leaguers and tryouts. Their main team is in Prague. If Panarin's playing and one of their yokels sticks out his knee and f***s his knee all up Rangers fans are rightfully going to be livid and if that player doesn't get tossed I'd kind of expect someone to go after him. You don't get a free pass just because you're not that good of a player and whenever you play and it's a serious game you own what you do. Anyway I expected retaliation when Wilson piledrove Artemi's head into the ice a few years ago and Wilson was a for real NHL player and a real tough guy. That retaliation didn't come that game.....it came the next game and Trotz pulled Wilson from the game after he fought Brendan Smith because it kind of looked like every time Wilson was going to set foot on the ice that night he was going to have to fight.

FWIW I think the hit on Laine was unintentional. Pare was flatfooted and lost and desperately put his leg out to impede Laine going around him. From a Montreal standpoint though they've put a lot of hope in a resurgence this year in Laine coming on board for them and that knee by a guy who's never even played an NHL game could have dire consequence on their season. Of course they and Xhekaj in particular were pissed and if this guy wasn't going to stand up well.......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad