Around the NHL - Part XLIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Hopefully Tony can pick up a paycheck and play well . So much natural ability . All the tools and no toolbox as they say . I still root for him as I would never wish any person misfortune .

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Tortarella is just a class act. He might be a dick on the bench, but when it matters he is one of the best.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Reactions: Ruggs225 and Siddi

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
Guess what they will do: give him 1st line minutes and PP1 time from the start, instead of teaching him how to be defensively responsible bottom-6 forward.
If a prospect came in dominated like the above, I would expect nothing less.

Our prospects come in and are like "It's a nice Power play."

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Not a single time their first two years did I see Laf or Kakko have a shift where they controlled time and space like that.

Mostly because they were too slow for defenders to respect their advertised high end skill. So they didn't. Because they couldn't.

If the org could brainwash guys, they'd brainwash them for cheaper contracts. The orgs skates don't touch the ice.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
If a prospect came in dominated like the above, I would expect nothing less.

Our prospects come in and are like "It's a nice Power play."
Not a single time their first two years did I see Laf or Kakko have a shift where they controlled time and space like that.

Mostly because they were too slow for defenders to respect their advertised high end skill. So they didn't. Because they couldn't.

If the org could brainwash guys, they'd brainwash them for cheaper contracts. The orgs skates don't touch the ice.
"always the players fault. 100%
good players thrive and earn their role. the authority of coaches to determine what is earned is infallible, no matter the coach. David Quinn - who literally told Kakko he couldn't carry the puck on his backhand - was unassailably justified in his deployment of Kakko in his rookie year. He didn't earn anything more than what he got."

- the posters above, probably

and before you nougats jump on my back about excuses for Kakkos career, i'm talking about his rookie year.

coaching matters. development matters. organizations matter. whatever you think about Kakkos role in the progression of his career, and he is indeed responsible (obviously), if you don't think the Rangers failed him in his first 2 years, there's no conversation to be had.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad