Around the NHL - Part XLIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I don't think atkinson can still skate and he's not really a top six player anymore but his game still isn't suited to being a bottom six player either

he's pretty cooked

Reactions: RangersFan1994

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
can he still skate!l? rather him than kane on a 1yr, esp if they trade kakko.

CT kid obviously
I'm told he cannot. You'd be better off with Kane than Atkinson. Much better off.
I know not liking Kane is a meme at his point but wanting Atkinson over him is an insane take.
Yes. I don't not-want-Kane. I don't want Kane for more than one year. I don't want Kane for more than $1M AAV. If Kakko's still on the team, I don't want Kane taking all his ice time and making this season pretty damn moot. Like if you sign a 1RW, 80% leaning on just trading the poor kid. Is he supposed to have a breakout season playing 13 min a game? You could say "Dakota Joshua broke out with 32 points in just 14 min ATOI" but Dakota Joshua is also 5 years older than Kaapo. Oops, didn't mean to turn this into a Kakko discussion. That's for the roster thread.

Reactions: McRanger92

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
My guess is that scouts are talking and other teams' lists are getting out there.

Montreal probably know that one of the teams before them have their eye on their guy.

Extremely vulnerable to another team trading ahead of them during the draft, when there's actually clarity on who might be there. Also it's the NHL draft, its a complete dart throwing contest after the top 10 every year.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Why would teams do this now and not wait to see who was picked? Imagine making a trade only to find out the top 4 guys in your list were already taken lmfao
They have another trade cooking and the team they're targeting said they'd need a middle of the 1st round pick as part of the deal, not an end of the 1st round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad