Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
In one respect, it is indeed a MVP award for the playoffs as a whole and the 10K view is McDavid had a great playoffs and nobody on FLA stood out statistically enough.

In another, McDavid is considered by many as the most talented offensive player of all time and on the short list of best players ever in the league. He's the captain of the team and he had a SC staring him in the face and he just had a weird game seven. Not FLA shutting him down, more like him fumbling the puck all over the ice, making bad passes, being indecisive, etc. For whatever reason, subjectively, it didn't look good even with the data looking great. He has to produce at least one goal there.

I would be more with it if EDM lost 4-3 in game 7 because of Skinner screwing the pooch and McD being in on all three goals or similar.
They could've given the Conn Smythe to Bobrovsky and I wold not have disagreed.

Reactions: leetch99

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
IMG_5204.jpeg

Reactions: Tob

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
How the f*** is shea weber a hall
Of famer?

I assume Shea Weber was added to the Builder category for his contributions to NHL contract shenanigans and salary cap tomfoolery.

Never forget that Shea Weber signed the Flyers offer sheet that would of made Joe Sakic blush. $110 million / 14 years with $68 million signing bonus.

Also has the fun stat of being a member of 3 teams he never played for (Knights and Coyotes/Utah). At one point, if he actually retired, the recapture penalty for Nashville would of been 24M for 2025!

Last edited:
Reactions: CLW

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
That griddy poser gets traded for negative value lol all the griddy flossing losers in the league have negative value

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
How the f*** is shea weber a hall
Of famer?
Same. He hasn't even officially retired yet. I'm assuming Campbell is there for his work as a Director of Hockey Operations role that I think he's been doing for 30 years.

Apparently Campbell is just as shocked
“Kind of shocking,” Campbell said.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad