Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
They got a warm body and a 1st for a soon to be 35 year old goalie who is a year removed from a sub .900 save percentage season who fell apart down the stretch last year.
I think you're underselling Markstrom quite a bit. Calgary was terrible last year, and he was 3rd in GSAx. Both Valiquette and Woodley have commented on how good he was despite their team being terrible last year.

Who knows how this will all come together with Keefe as coach, but Markstrom's save% doesn't tell the story with him last season.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
They got a warm body and a 1st for a soon to be 35 year old goalie who is a year removed from a sub .900 save percentage season who fell apart down the stretch last year.
Every Devils fan I’ve talking to insisted that merely a league average goalie would have them winning the presidents trophy so looks like they got their guy

• Haha
Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think you're underselling Markstrom quite a bit. Calgary was terrible last year, and he was 3rd in GSAx. Both Valiquette and Woodley have commented on how good he was despite their team being terrible last year.

Who knows how this will all come together with Keefe as coach, but Markstrom's save% doesn't tell the story with him last season.

He was legit good until Feb.

Completely fell apart after. I know some of that was probably mental because he wanted to get moved and I know Calgary was bad but what does that say about him?

He blew the season before.

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
He was legit good until Feb.

Completely fell apart after. I know some of that was probably mental because he wanted to get moved and I know Calgary was bad but what does that say about him?

He blew the season before.

All goalies go through mental battles. We’ve seen it two years in a row with Igor. All I was saying was that the .900save% isn’t really reflective of his year.

He’s also getting older so it could be part of a decline, but who knows. Goalies are weird. I’m more surprised that Fitz couldn't make this deal during the year after all the back and forth. They blew their season because of it

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Is Markström a top-5 goalie? No. But he's just outside that, and there's a pretty BIIIIG drop off in goalies after #6 or #7. Like absolutely huge. The Devils got much better today, unfortunately.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
markstrom is 35 during next season. lundqvist had a notable drop off in play at that age. markstrom was great 2 years ago and 4 years ago and has been average to below average in his career other than that.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I didn’t realize how old Markstrom was. It’s a move the Devils had to make, but you can also see why the return was what it was.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
wtf is Drowzy doing?

Divisional rivals have acquired an elite #1 goalie and a 1st line center and he lost one of the teams top playoff performer to waivers today

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Wait how much did Slavin get?
Lindgren should get 2.5 million if that's what Slavin got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad