Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Hmm... Brady fits the bully persona they love in that town. They have a lot of young players if they want to just dump like 4 of them to get Brady. Your pick of Foerster, Tippett, Frost, Cates, Brink, Farabee, Cates, York, Sanheim, Seeler, Drysdale. I could see Torts driving something ridiculous like this.

Or it's just Cam Atkinson at 50% retained for a 4th.

EDIT: oops, NVM

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
I guess I've seen it all. On the main boards, apparently the Devils (who were closer to the worst team in the East than they were to the playoffs) are objectively a playoff team without question.

Oh, and Matt Rempe, according to one of their fans, ruined their chances at the playoffs. It's hard to take this stuff seriously if these are real responses. It's hard to tell these days what is trolling, what is serious, and what is a fever dream. It sure doesn't quell the "rent free" remarks.

We sure are in silly season. Should be fun the next few months. Or hell.
They seem to have a special place in their hearts for you, lol.

I do think NJD are a playoff team again, though, yes. Akira Schmid and whatever other trash they had barely belonged in the AHL, let alone NHL (and yes we got shut out by that trash twice in the playoffs because we couldn't even possess the puck, lmao).

Now they actually have a guy who at least belongs in the NHL. Not unreasonable to think they increase by 10 points thanks to that and their young'uns getting better.

We'll see what happens. I'm sure our squad would love revenge on them now that we have an actual coach.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
They seem to have a special place in their hearts for you, lol.

I do think NJD are a playoff team again, though, yes. Akira Schmid and whatever other trash they had barely belonged in the AHL, let alone NHL (and yes we got shut out by that trash twice in the playoffs because we couldn't even possess the puck, lmao).

Now they actually have a guy who at least belongs in the NHL. Not unreasonable to think they increase by 10 points thanks to that and their young'uns getting better.

We'll see what happens. I'm sure our squad would love revenge on them now that we have an actual coach.
People can think whatever they want. They shouldn’t sit there and say that an aging and declining Markstrom is instantly taking them from basement dwellers to the playoffs.

Their fans are delusional.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Holy shit, calling this series a final is an oxymoron. Rest of the league are not waiting to do off-season business.

Reactions: Ail

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Dubois to the Caps
a different time and world, but it was my immediate thought

1718905907236.png

Reactions: ArPanet

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I remember where I was for that Ridley/ Miller for Carpenter trade.
Watta nightmare
totally
in my top 3 worst, with Middleton and Norstrom deals

(and, pure fantasy, wouldn't Ridley, Middleton, Norstrom , at their trade ages, be just about exactly what today's rangers should be adding ..

Last edited:

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Several hockey media outlets are reporting that a deal is in place between Ottawa and the Flyers which will take place closer to the draft.
No specifics have been released.
Could be one source and all the others are looking for clicks.

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
So I just saw the PLD deal. Is Washington out of its mind, LOL? They took that ENTIRE contract and sent out a non-useless goaltender with, what, less than half of PLD's money left on his own contract?

That's gotta be the all time 'own fleecing'. I am in no way shape or form convinced that PLD is salvageable but watching him play with what's left of Ovi should be a real hoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad