Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Devils improved with this trade for Mark, but the real question is will the window of the rest of the core match up with the goaltender's?

The Devils sure are a competitive group, but gotta think they wont hit their peak with their youth in 2-4 years. By then Markstrom will be 36-38 - will he still have enough in the tank? Hes faded as the season goes on and showing some wear as it is.

More importantly will Jack and Dougie stay on the ice?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He’s definitely top 20 lol.

Probably top 10.

But after Igor and maybe like 2 others there’s a massive drop off

Demko
Saros
Vasi
Bobrovsky
Igor
Sorokin
Oettinger
Swayman
Ullmark
Hellebyuck

Are guys who I'd say are clearly better. There are guys in the next group where he'd fall into who are all pretty much the same.

He was very good until he wasn't last year. He was a disaster and one of the worst starters in the league a year before that.

I'm not really seeing a needle moving goalie. I see a guy who is turning 35 coming off of a strong season. Good luck to him on replicating that.

Yeah the Sharks.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Have you not watched Gabriel Vilardi??? Injuries are the only thing holding that kid back.
Best ability is availability and it's hard to make a guy who misses 20+ games a year every year a foundational piece of your team. He hasn't had a full season in like 7 years and probably won't ever.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Demko
Saros
Vasi
Bobrovsky
Igor
Sorokin
Oettinger
Swayman
Ullmark
Hellebyuck

Are guys who I'd say are clearly better. There are guys in the next group where he'd fall into who are all pretty much the same.
Markström definitely belongs into that group, and he is capable of having a season better than anyone in that list. For how long? That's another story.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Markström definitely belongs into that group, and he is capable of having a season better than anyone in that list. For how long? That's another story.

Last year was the first year he finished in the top 10 in xGSA in his career (9th.)

As @Mac n Gs pointed out, he was top 3 for most of the year before it completely unravelled for him down the end. If he's capable of doing better than anyone, he hasn't done it yet and I don't think he's going to start at the age of 35.

He's had multiple seasons in the negative otoh. He's been all over the place during the career and has been doing this one year on one year off for a little while.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Not posting any revelation's here, but PLD turns 26 on June 24th.
The buy-out window this year will begin 48 hours after the Stanley Cup playoffs end.
25 or younger 1/3 of salary is owed.
26 years of age 2/3 salary is owed.
Though unlikely, Washington might still buy-out PLD?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Not posting any revelation's here, but PLD turns 26 on June 24th.
The buy-out window this year will begin 48 hours after the Stanley Cup playoffs end.
25 or younger 1/3 of salary is owed.
26 years of age 2/3 salary is owed.
Though unlikely, Washington might still buy-out PLD?

Based off of what their GM said today it sounds like they are going to keep him.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I guess I've seen it all. On the main boards, apparently the Devils (who were closer to the worst team in the East than they were to the playoffs) are objectively a playoff team without question.

Oh, and Matt Rempe, according to one of their fans, ruined their chances at the playoffs. It's hard to take this stuff seriously if these are real responses. It's hard to tell these days what is trolling, what is serious, and what is a fever dream. It sure doesn't quell the "rent free" remarks.

We sure are in silly season. Should be fun the next few months. Or hell.

Last edited:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I guess I've seen it all. On the main boards, apparently the Devils (who were closer to the worst team in the East than they were to the playoffs) are objectively a playoff team without question.

Oh, and Matt Rempe, according to one of their fans, ruined their chances at the playoffs. It's hard to take this stuff seriously if these are real responses. It's hard to tell these days what is trolling, what is serious, and what is a fever dream.

We sure are in silly season. Should be fun the next few months. Or hell.

They're offseason champs every year.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
They're offseason champs every year.

I've literally never heard fans of a team that bad claim in such strong words that they will be a playoff team just from acquiring a goalie who is old and was trending down at the end of the previous season.

And then seeing all of our Rempe jokes somehow confirmed makes me feel like I ingested a ton of meth.

I need to stay off the main boards, lmfao.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
f***ing piece of shit suggested guentzel at the deadline was close to done as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad