Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah going to be jumping on the Florida bandwagon regardless of who comes out in the West, which right now is looking like Edmonton obviously.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Dallas throwing their young guys into the fire.

It took us 4 years to get our 1OA consistent top 6 minutes.

It would be awful for the fanbase to have their team make the SCF two years in a row and lose both times. I'm rooting for them too. At least the Rangers can say they lost to the Cup winner.

Not me.

f*** Sam Bennett.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Dallas throwing their young guys into the fire.

It took us 4 years to get our 1OA consistent top 6 minutes.
Yep but also development helps down at the AHL level to build that confidence. Have we really done that recently except for this past year? Hopefully we will see the fruits of that with Berard, Edstrom and hopefully Othmann/Rempe. The coach better do it next year including playing Jones.

Reactions: Graves94

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Eventually McJesus is winning a cup. Guys that talented always do. As good as Florida is defensively, Drai and him will be extremely difficult to shut down.

I feel bad for Dallas. These are probably the toughest matchups that a number one seed has ever gotten.

Reactions: Kerberos

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
“Too much stick checking, that guy would’ve been planted on his ass in my day”-every old guy watching that mcdavid geno

Reactions: mike14

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
Eventually McJesus is winning a cup. Guys that talented always do. As good as Florida is defensively, Drai and him will be extremely difficult to shut down.

I feel bad for Dallas. These are probably the toughest matchups that a number one seed has ever gotten.
Florida's heavy checking can neutralise the offensive threat of McD and Leon IF the refs put their whistles away and are consistent. Having watched a fair few Oilers games in the second half of the regular season it feels preordained that they are being steered toward the SCF.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Are the Stars going to blow it up after no-showing in Round 3? Hintz, Duchene, Marchment, Pavelski have been no shows the entire playoffs. Maybe a rebuild and turn the team over to Stankoven, Bourque, Johnston, and Harley?

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

That's what I was worried about if the Rangers made the cup finals and faced Edmonton. Eventually, McDrai very likely will/would win a cup at some point. Like you said, guys that talented usually do eventually (Crosby and the Pens, the Blackhawks dynasty with Kane and Toews, etc.).

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Are the Stars going to blow it up after no-showing in Round 3? Hintz, Duchene, Marchment, Pavelski have been no shows the entire playoffs. Maybe a rebuild and turn the team over to Stankoven, Bourque, Johnston, and Harley?
I'm not watching but not surprised. Their D is cooked.

They're in 2015 Rangers territory. This is their third crack if you count the bubble. A retool is coming for them probably after one more crack.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Well aside from Hintz they can safely move on for the rest of those guys and backfill them with elite prospects like Stinkoven and Mavrik, and they’ll still have cap to work with to beef up their defense or whatever is missing.

Their window is still open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad