Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Unironically , yes.

But their PP is generational .

Hell if our PP was a little bit better than 7% or whatever it was against Florida we would be in the SCF
Their PP was like 45% early in the playoffs and then they went ice cold until the last 2 games. It will be interesting to see how that plays out in the finals but I would not be a bit surprised if Florida contains them.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Goddamnit this is gonna set back the McDavid to NY rumors a few seasons :mad:

Not watching the game because fk hockey right now but looking at the shot totals I honestly don't know which fanbase should be more upset between ours and Dallas. (ours)

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Goddamnit this is gonna set back the McDavid to NY rumors a few seasons :mad:

Not watching the game because fk hockey right now but looking at the shot totals I honestly don't know which fanbase should be more upset between ours and Dallas. (ours)
He was never leaving Edmonton. People really underestimate Edmonton as a market. They're top 10 in everything.

The Gretzky Era created Oilers fans in every province, every state, and every country that watches hockey.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
A lot of times, people criticize analytics with "but they're just shooting" and it's way too long-winded of an explanation to go into all the reasons that's bullshit. Carolina is actually just shooting.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
He was never leaving Edmonton. People really underestimate Edmonton as a market. They're top 10 in everything.

The Gretzky Era created Oilers fans in every province, every state, and every country that watches hockey.
Screenshotting this for 2034 when he's pushing 40 and we are making forty year anniversary comps

• Haha
Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'll say this, I wasn't that impressed with Florida's top guys or their chance generation.

They just had the puck 95% of the time.

They won't against Edmonton and need to be more opportunistic.

You never have to worry about Edmonton putting cold hard goals on the board.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I'll say this, I wasn't that impressed with Florida's top guys or their chance generation.

They just had the puck 95% of the time.

They won't against Edmonton and need to be more opportunistic.

You never have to worry about Edmonton putting cold hard goals on the board.
They had the puck 95% of the time and gave up nothing, including on the PK. A pretty good recipe for success. They degenerated a lot of chances but they had to beat that guy Shesterkin. Skinner is no Shesterkin.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If you're looking for a reason to lean Florida, they have no bad players. They could sustain an injury or two and still have no bad players.

Cody Ceci is pretty miserable and Darnell Nurse can fall apart.

There's also Skinner but goaltending is a psy-op.

I see the series being legitimately really close, not "somehow limp to game 6" close like the Conference Finals were.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They had the puck 95% of the time and gave up nothing, including on the PK. A pretty good recipe for success. They degenerated a lot of chances but they had to beat that guy Shesterkin. Skinner is no Shesterkin.
Yeah they generated chances against a team that bleeds chances.

After five minutes of playing Edmonton they're gonna be like "dude, where did the puck go?" Edmonton has the best team defense in the league. Florida probably second best. It's gonna be good.

Reactions: Jack Hanson

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Knoblauch has to be the luckiest guy on earth.

Edmonton fires their coach with a 60% xGF because they're getting AHL goaltending and this dude inherits a war machine.

Not saying he isn't a good coach, but damn. I'm available.

Reactions: Bob Richards

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Yeah they generated chances against a team that bleeds chances.

After five minutes of playing Edmonton they're gonna be like "dude, where did the puck go?" Edmonton has the best team defense in the league. Florida probably second best. It's gonna be good.
Tampa, Boston, and the Rangers basically had no chance tbh. Edmonton struggled mightily against Vancouver and they have basically sucked tonight. Florida had 1 bad game in the playoffs. Florida in 5, maybe 6.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Tampa, Boston, and the Rangers basically had no chance tbh. Edmonton struggled mightily against Vancouver and they have basically sucked tonight. Florida had 1 bad game in the playoffs. Florida in 5, maybe 6.
Vancouver's actually really good.

Their early PDO bender became a meme. They ended up top 10 in all the relevant underlying numbers. That was probably the real WCF.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Knoblauch has to be the luckiest guy on earth.

Edmonton fires their coach with a 60% xGF because they're getting AHL goaltending and this dude inherits a war machine.

Not saying he isn't a good coach, but damn. I'm available.
Crazy how badly they started off for Woodcroft--league worst goaltending and McDavid injured/off to a slow start (for his standards).

Reactions: Machinehead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad