Around the NHL - (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Demidov will be a good player but let's pump the brakes a little bit. His 4 point game against the worst team in the KHL has inflated his stats. Outside of that game he has 2 points in 7 games.

As for Yakemchuk, his NHL career will be defined by his play in 5-5 situations...not 3-3 situations.

All that said, the Ducks better be right on Sennecke...

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Demidov will be a good player but let's pump the brakes a little bit. His 4 point game against the worst team in the KHL has inflated his stats. Outside of that game he has 2 points in 7 games.

As for Yakemchuk, his NHL career will be defined by his play in 5-5 situations...not 3-3 situations.

All that said, the Ducks better be right on Sennecke...

There was going to be a gamble on whoever we took at #3.

• F Lindstrom has back issues. I could understand the Ducks avoiding that medical reason.
  • F Demidov has that Russian issue. I could understand the Ducks avoiding that international situation.
  • F Sennecke had only half a season of very good hockey. I could understand the Ducks avoiding the lack of a longer sample of very good hockey.
  • Dickinson is a solid, 2-way LD. I could understand the Ducks not wanting a LD whose offense may not translate to the NHL Level.
  • Yakemchuk is an amazing offensive RD, but lacks discipline. I could understand the Ducks not wanting another offensive D, especially one that doesn't play defense like his offense.
With Lev being selected ahead of us at #2 overall, it left the Ducks with a lot of gamble type players. I was on the Lindstrom wagon, but that back issue is a significant gamble at #3 overall that our medical staff probably didn't like the chances - hell, even healthy players don't stand a chance with our medical staff. ::: sighs :::

We're gonna have to wait a bit on Sennecke due to abrupt and skyrocketing growth from 5'10 to 6'2 between two summers. At the NHL combine, Beckett was measured at 6'2 and 3/4. Sennecke might still be growing. He has all the high-end tools, but in a very lanky frame. Let's see how his D+1 season in the OHL will be like this coming year. If his scoring production mimics his second half and playoffs of last season or better, then things will be looking great for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad