OT: Around the NHL - Good hocket is good

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I'm going to assume it was a Leafs reporter asking the question and expecting Eller to gush about the Leafs after a loss.

Guess it was trolling time. :laugh:

It appears you would be an expert on both teams, lol.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Lol...some guys in the Toronto media are the absolute worst. Again, I'm just assuming it was someone from Toronto expecting Eller to praise the Leafs and he didn't get what he wanted.

Oh yeah :laugh:

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
The Capitals missed so many great chances against the Leafs, that one sequence a few minutes before the end was pretty incredible, I don't know how Oshie managed to miss not one but two glorious chances and there were a few more chances missed by other players in that sequence. Of course, the Leafs missed a lot too, it was kind of like the Pens-Caps game, only with a lot better goaltending. Okay, maybe the defending was a little better but still, lots of chances. Seems to be a trend a round the league, lots of goals, comebacks, etc. Let's see if things will remain like that or defenses will improve as usual.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
That’s funny.

Man, do the Leafs look good though.

They do but they remind me of the Boudreau era Caps. People question their D but I think the game has evolved where you don't necessarily need the "best" D to win. Sure their D is suspect but there is time to address that especially if they trade Nylander for help. (Don't think they will)

Bottom line though is the Leafs have yet to win a playoff series under Babcock. How will they adapt when teams get more physical in the playoffs and refs swallow their whistles?

They are trending in the right direction but time will tell.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Watched the end of devils and sharks, what an ending..Kinkaid is legit and 2nd game in a row Dea scores. GWG today for Dea

It’s amazing the guys we’ve given up this year are doing well elsewhere...Sheary too...too bad for us....

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Maybe he should be...he’s quick and young and it appears already like we need more of those players....

Dea looked like a pretty terrible skater in Pittsburgh though. Didn’t look quick at all.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Dea looked like a pretty terrible skater in Pittsburgh though. Didn’t look quick at all.

I don’t think he was slow...not a burner but fairly quick...he must be quick at least on the forecheck to play successfully for NJD because that’s how they roll...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Can we also point to why Karlsson wouldn’t be a slam dunk to acquire at the deadline last year yet?

It’s easy to be your team’s main star on the blue line, but when you have 3 players in Pavs, Couts, and Hertl that command the puck as much as you it certainly creates an issue with effectiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad