OT: Around the NHL - Good hocket is good

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Man, Matthews is making all those McDavid is better people eat crow right now.

Likely just a hot run, but he is a pretty amazing player. Also, seems like the type of player that will just win.

The irony of a US player having to bring the cup to Toronto.

Matthews' goal scoring touch is legit. I still think McDavid ends up with more points by the end of the season, though. Matthews won't keep up this goal scoring pace, and IMO, McDavid's better at generating chances for his linemates.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
McDavid is definitely better than Matthews, but Matthews has the best wrist shot in the league already it seems, it’s like a hybrid of Sid’s quick release in his prime with Geno’s stick curve. It’s nice that McDavid might have some legit competition among his generation though.

Reactions: BHD

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Matthews' goal scoring touch is legit. I still think McDavid ends up with more points by the end of the season, though. Matthews won't keep up this goal scoring pace, and IMO, McDavid's better at generating chances for his linemates.

Likely. Matthews could easily put up some points with that line-up though. It’s basically the closet we have seen to 2010 / 2011 Crosby and Malkin.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Matthews is minus one despite 9 goals in 5 games, this Toronto team sure is fun to watch because of their bad defence and great offence. Marner is flying a bit under the radar because of Matthews and Tavares but his passing is just sublime.

In other news, Perron's shooting percentage is currently 75, take that Matthews!

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Always happy when I see the Caps getting a beating!!!

How long do the Oilers wait before blowing everything up?
Always laugh when people say just suck for 2-3 years and then you will be in good shape!!! Yup it's been what 12 for the Oilers.....
Chiarelli either makes a big move or is fired before he even gets to make another move!!

Reactions: Finesse

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I don’t understand.

Also, MacKinnon is just as good as anybody right now.

Matthews is surrounded by a level of talent that we haven’t seen since the 2010 / 2011 Penguins in terms of an elite young talent.

McDavid is on a mediocre team. Matthews with the level of talent on his team and powerplay could easily keep up this clip. Especially if Nylander is signed.

I think I’d have multiple players above Matthews in terms of raw skill, but the amount of talent on that roster could easily see him put up some INSANE numbers.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Matthews is surrounded by a level of talent that we haven’t seen since the 2010 / 2011 Penguins in terms of an elite young talent.

McDavid is on a mediocre team. Matthews with the level of talent on his team and powerplay could easily keep up this clip. Especially if Nylander is signed.

I think I’d have multiple players above Matthews in terms of raw skill, but the amount of talent on that roster could easily see him put up some INSANE numbers.

I just don’t get why you chose that season, when Malkin was at his worst, Staal was injured for the first half, Sid and Geno were injured for the second and the wingers sucked..

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Are the NHL Schedulers the worst in any sport? Honestly? I'm no Oilers fan but they had a game, 4 days off, stay on the east coast, then they put them at 1pm tomorrow which is 10am their time? :laugh: (are they 3 hours behind?)

Vegas... game against Pittsburgh then a game against Philly, but the game is at 1pm. So 10am their time.

Oh and back-to-backs given to teams, but no games scheduled for tonight.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Are the NHL Schedulers the worst in any sport? Honestly? I'm no Oilers fan but they had a game, 4 days off, stay on the east coast, then they put them at 1pm tomorrow which is 10am their time? :laugh: (are they 3 hours behind?)

Vegas... game against Pittsburgh then a game against Philly, but the game is at 1pm. So 10am their time.

Oh and back-to-backs given to teams, but no games scheduled for tonight.

That's the dumbest thing ever. So many back to back games for teams, yet they could have an entire night without a single game being played?

Reactions: ColePens

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
We were 5th in GF that year? We had a prime Crosby, Malkin and Staal with support from Kunitz, Dupuis, Talbot, Rupp, Letestu, Cooke etc.

Our D had Martin, Gogo, Letang, Michalek, Orpik.

We went on a 12 game winning streak in November.

I’m just saying comparing Matthews and the Leafs with 2011 Pittsburgh when Malkin was bad, Staal was injured and all the wingers were grinders doesn’t seem apt. :dunno:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I’m just saying comparing Matthews and the Leafs with 2011 Pittsburgh when Malkin was bad, Staal was injured and all the wingers were grinders doesn’t seem apt. :dunno:

My point was overall forward depth that allowed a younger player to put up historic numbers.

Crosby - Malkin - Staal. With some solid players in Dupuis, Kunitz, etc on the wings.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Not only that, but I think theres like 14 games tomorrow. So stupid.
Come on NHL. What happened did the scheduler have a defective calendar? Did someone steal the page from his datebook so he said, ehhhh just move every single game one day forward, who will notice? Nobody will notice!

There is rarely if ever a whole day without a single match. It's not even a holiday or break for all-star's or any event.
I'm watching high school football to cover the void the NHL has given me. How dare you NHL. How can there be not a one singular game going on-I don't get it.

Reactions: EightyOne

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
@ColePens Edmonton is 2hrs behind the east coast. Agree the schedule is stupid

Always happy when I see the Caps getting a beating!!!

How long do the Oilers wait before blowing everything up?
Always laugh when people say just suck for 2-3 years and then you will be in good shape!!! Yup it's been what 12 for the Oilers.....
Chiarelli either makes a big move or is fired before he even gets to make another move!!

The Oilers screwed up they tanked way too long got some good young talent but didn’t surround them with any vets to do some of the insulating, guidance and to play some of the harder minutes to allow them to grow.

Instead they bred a losing culture and that can get to you. I’ve heard stories about some of the younger players doing as they please off the ice and it was more of a party atmosphere than a hockey club.

Then they got McDavid and should have been able to do it right but some bad deals signed some bad contracts and now they are in cap he’ll again and are an average team. :laugh:

Reactions: EightyOne

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The four day break (after Toronto) works out well though. They'll be playing the 3 Western teams in 5 days.

Looking at the calendar, and November (14 games), December (15), and March (16) are the busiest months.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad