OT: Around the NHL: Go Cats Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Probably a sore back from carrying them to game seven.
Ironically I feel like it was mostly Edmonton’s depth players (and Skinner likely peaking his career for a week) who turned the tide in the series. They always seemed to get the ball rolling and McDavid would come in and score a few points in the 3rd to seal it.

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
Ironically I feel like it was mostly Edmonton’s depth players (and Skinner likely peaking his career for a week) who turned the tide in the series. They always seemed to get the ball rolling and McDavid would come in and score a few points in the 3rd to seal it.
That's true, heck, it was a role-player that scored their only goal tonight.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
That's a stretch.

If i buy a championship ring from a pawn shop, am i a cup winner? If you weren't on the ice, you didn't win.
This is a stretch

1719290673990.gif

• Wow
Reactions: BusinessGoose

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Actually the more I think about it the dumber it is McDavid won the Smythe lol

No points in the final two games. Would Malkin have won it in 09 if the Pens lost game 7 and he was scoreless? Hell naw. Like he deserved it, but given the precedent it just doesn’t feel right

Last edited:

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Actually the more I think about it the dumber it is McDavid won the Smythe lol

No points in the final two games. Would Malkin have won it in 09 if the Pens lost game 7 and he was scoreless? Hell naw. Like he deserved it, but given the precedent it just doesn’t feel right
So it'd feel more right giving it to a Panther with half his points in the playoffs, for a full playoffs award? How does that make any sense? Nearest Panther had 22.
This is like the most cut and dry year ever with the CS, when it comes to a clear deserving winner. The goalies weren't even good.
The only one who kinda approached Connor is Bouchard. He shoulda been 2nd in voting. 3rd most points for a D-man in history, while doing it in the salary cap era. Pretty solid defensively too over the course of the playoffs. +14.

I like Barkov, but there's no way to twist this to say he was more valuable in the playoffs. He got destroyed, individually speaking.
Hell, Hyman was even better than any Panther. 16 goals. +12.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
So it'd feel more right giving it to a Panther with half his points in the playoffs, for a full playoffs award? How does that make any sense? Nearest Panther had 22.
This is like the most cut and dry year ever with the CS, when it comes to a clear deserving winner. The goalies weren't even good.
The only one who kinda approached Connor is Bouchard. He shoulda been 2nd in voting. 3rd most points for a D-man in history, while doing it in the salary cap era. Pretty solid defensively too over the course of the playoffs.

I like Barkov, but there's no way to twist this to say he was more valuable in the playoffs. He got destroyed, individually speaking.
Hell, Hyman was even better than any Panther. 16 goals. +12.
Bob only let in 1 goal in every series winning game. That’s the definition of “clutch.”

Should’ve went to him imo. Still would’ve been a stronger winner than Ovechkin when he got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad