OT: Around the NHL: Go Cats Go

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Eh f*** it, hardly anyone remembers who won the Stanley Cup any given year past year ten, let alone the damn conn smythe

Panthers f***ed up big time. Dropping down in the draft plus they lose $500k of next seasons salary cap to Okposo’s bonus. That could hurt their chances of winning the cup next year and that’s what it’s all about.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Going to be interesting to see where Edmonton goes from here. Does Draisaitl stay? This is like if the Pens lost in 2016 and never had 09.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
When Giguere won it in 2003 he accepted it on the ice and pretty sure he got a strong ovation from the NJ crowd because that’s how dominant he was.

This doesn’t feel the same. He deserved it since Bob became human in games 4-6 and that was his only real competition and the points speak for themselves but still Giggy felt a lot more like a no brainer somehow.
Anaheim were massive underdogs too. No shame in them losing to New Jersey.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
That’s why this is the worst ran league of any importance in all sports. To give the Conn Smythe to a guy from the losing team, it’s the biggest friggin joke ever, glad for Paul Maurice
No, to give it to a goalie with average stats when a player breaks 40 points first time this millenium would have been a joke.

It’s playoff MVP, not finals MVP.

The right decision was made…despite McDavid getting shut down the last two games, and Draisaitl turning into a GHOST for the last two playoff series.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
If Erod grew out his hair he would look like Nacho Libre's sidekick

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Did ERod finally see a dentist?
Wrro1D.gif

Hot take: Oilers will make the finals next season with a different goalie.
They won't make it out of round 1 if that goalie is Jarry

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Oh I know. And revenge was sweet. I guess 08 didn't bother me that much because the core was still young so I figured they'd find a way eventually. And that Wings team was a juggernaut so it wasn't like the Pens choked.

Oilers though...their big guys are closer to 30 than 20. Time is running out on their primes. Hard to win those in your 30s.
Oh well, f*** them. Maybe once they've wasted the rest of their careers, they'll tank for another decade to get another shot.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I don't wanna say McDavid won't go back, but for Edmonton that's your biggest anxiety now. The path was there for them this year. A lot depends on what happens with Draisaitl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad