OT: Around the NHL: Go Cats Go

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Damn, 38 points in 22 games. 7 in 4 games in the Finals.
Probably still gonna lose the Smythe to the guy with 21 atm :facepalm:

Says it all about 2024 that I have to explain to people why this is wrong.

Thank god we have you on here to prove us all wrong AB. At least you are just doing this as an unbiased entity that floats through the boards like a wave.

I told you guys, you could not have jinxed this more, you broke every rule

I don’t know why people still want to act like McDavid isn’t the best individual contributor since Lemieux. What he has done up to this point has spelled it out.

Reactions: Trade

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Thank god we have you on here to prove us all wrong AB. At least you are just doing this as an unbiased entity that floats through the boards like a wave.

I don’t know why people still want to act like McDavid isn’t the best individual contributor since Lemieux. What he has done up to this point has spelled it out.

I get annoyed when they say he's the best player to ever play the game. I already said a long time ago he's better then Crosby but Oilers fans have to be the worst.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Damn, 38 points in 22 games. 7 in 4 games in the Finals.
Probably still gonna lose the Smythe to the guy with 21 atm :facepalm:

Says it all about 2024 that I have to explain to people why this is wrong.
4 points in an 8-1 game does not make up for the prior 3. Especially when his team already gave him a 3-1 lead before he did anything

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I get annoyed when they say he's the best player to ever play the game. I already said a long time ago he's better then Crosby but Oilers fans have to be the worst.

He is dominating the league in a way we haven't seen since Lemieux from the standpoint of an individual contributor. I get the argument if you are saying "because of today's expanded league, etc etc".

I'd argue that the league is incredibly diluted right now and that is why you are seeing players like Kucherov put up 140+ too.

That being said, I think Kucherov has an argument over Malkin at this point as the 2nd best Russian to ever play in the NHL which is wild.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
He is dominating the league in a way we haven't seen since Lemieux from the standpoint of an individual contributor. I get the argument if you are saying "because of today's expanded league, etc etc".

I'd argue that the league is incredibly diluted right now and that is why you are seeing players like Kucherov put up 140+ too.

That being said, I think Kucherov has an argument over Malkin at this point as the 2nd best Russian to ever play in the NHL which is wild.
It's been that way since his rookie year though that he's the best to ever grace the game. I'm surprised we don't get posters saying Drai is better then Crosby too.

Reactions: Gurglesons

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
4 points in an 8-1 game does not make up for the prior 3. Especially when his team already gave him a 3-1 lead before he did anything
It's a 17 point gap man. 😩 We're well into insanity territory, trying to spin that Barkov's been better in these playoffs.
It's an individual-based trophy. Give it to the clear best individual, for a change? 🤷‍♂️
All I ask...

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
It's a 17 point gap man. 😩 We're well into insanity territory, trying to spin that Barkov's been better in these playoffs.
It's an individual-based trophy. Give it to the clear best individual, for a change? 🤷‍♂️
All I ask...

It’s not McDavid vs Barkov, it’s McDavid vs Bob.

Game 4 made the Conn Smythe race much tighter. The longer the series the more it’s McDavid’s. If Bob plays well and finishes the Oilers in Game 5 then he could be a very worthy winner.

It’s an 18 man panel though and people see/value things differently.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
It’s not McDavid vs Barkov, it’s McDavid vs Bob.

Game 4 made the Conn Smythe race much tighter. The longer the series the more it’s McDavid’s. If Bob plays well and finishes the Oilers in Game 5 then he could be a very worthy winner.

It’s an 18 man panel though and people see/value things differently.
Not what I heard. Most people had Barkov over him before this game, unashamedly. It was even a massive TSN headline "Bobrovsky or Barkov for Conn Smythe?"
Bob is a .909 in these playoffs. Yeah, he had an awesome start to this series, but it's a full playoff award.
Why should he be ahead of a guy who might finish with 40 points? That'd be 4th all-time, only behind Lemieux and Gretzky crap goalie/defense exploitation era numbers.
I mean, Fleury was snubbed for CS with a .933 in 2008.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad