Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019 - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Columbus has eliminated Tampa and there is still 15 minutes left in the 1st.
Big difference between a team that was expected to win and a team that went all in and HAS to win.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
effort CBJ is giving is the type of effort the Blues need to start displaying
True. But CBJ looked like dog shit the last few games of the regular season. They are playing at an elevated level right now exploiting a confused Lightning team that believed its hype.

The Blues need to play THEIR game and give a damn and they should be okay.

I think part of it is a culture on the team to remain calm and not panic. That’s great, but it can work against them at times and they appear lifeless and cavalier in their play.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Toronto getting beat yet still looks good. Quick on the puck and creating chances, moving up the ice with speed and not getting trapped in their zone for entire shifts and committing senseless icings.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I
Dallas out to a quick 2-0 lead 5 minutes in
It's 4 zip now! Looks like it will be tied up after 4. Another long series.

At least, The Blues, IF they manage to win their series, won't have to face a well-rested team. And the bully on the block, President's Trophy winning Tampa Bay, is already out. So, The Blues might have an "easier road to The Stanley Cup", IF they decide to start working hard, AND they get a lot of lucky breaks, and unexpected help from the refs............and someone high up sells his soul to The Devil.......... and..........:naughty:

Reactions: shmotz and mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I

It's 4 zip now! Looks like it will be tied up after 4. Another long series.

At least, The Blues, IF they manage to win their series, won't have to face a well-rested team. And the bully on the block, President's Trophy winning Tampa Bay, is already out. So, The Blues might have an "easier road to The Stanley Cup", IF they decide to start working hard, AND they get a lot of lucky breaks, and unexpected help from the refs............and someone high up sells his soul to The Devil.......... and..........:naughty:
Columbus, Dallas, Nashville Winnipeg, it all goes to show that no matter the opponent you're always going to have to battle in the playoffs, I think if we can grab the next 2 games to win our series, we can be ready to battle whoever comes out of the NSHvDAL series.

Reactions: shmotz

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Columbus, Dallas, Nashville Winnipeg, it all goes to show that no matter the opponent you're always going to have to battle in the playoffs, I think if we can grab the next 2 games to win our series, we can be ready to battle whoever comes out of the NSHvDAL series.

The "Bluesy thing to do" would be to miraculously eek out a lucky 4-3 series win over Winnipeg, and then thinking they must really be good to have beaten Winnipeg, relax over the first 2 home games vs. Dallas, and end up losing both.

Then they panic the rest of the way, desparate, but ineffective, like the last half of last night's game, and lose in a 4-game lopsided sweep, because no matter what mix of players they have, they never seem to learn the lesson that you need to want it so badly that you TRY TO work hard EVERY GAME, and all 60 minutes of each game (e.g. work the hardest you can, given your fatigue).

Reactions: mk80
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad