Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019 - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I couldn't care less if they took an extra couple minutes to get it right. Realistically how many bad calls are there a game? I dont mean homer fans think it's bad, but a legit wrong call. I doubt you would add any discernable amount of time overall.

How do we balance this? Delay of game minor if the team asking for a 2nd look gets it wrong. We dont need to take the offside challange away, just make the blue line a vertical plane. Foot in the air no longer matters. If the players foot is over the blue line in the Ozone before the puck, then its offside.

Woo...I'm beat after all that work to fix that broken ass system. f*** human error, it doesnt add to the game. Its damn near 2020, get the f***ing call right.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I couldn't care less if they took an extra couple minutes to get it right. Realistically how many bad calls are there a game? I dont mean homer fans think it's bad, but a legit wrong call. I doubt you would add any discernable amount of time overall.

How do we balance this? Delay of game minor if the team asking for a 2nd look gets it wrong. We dont need to take the offside challange away, just make the blue line a vertical plane. Foot in the air no longer matters. If the players foot is over the blue line in the Ozone before the puck, then its offside.

Woo...I'm beat after all that work to fix that broken ass system. **** human error, it doesnt add to the game. Its damn near 2020, get the ****ing call right.
penalty shot if they get it wrong. will make it so teams are 100% certain before challenging anything.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
There has been a lot of discussion on HFBoards and pretty much everywhere they talk the hockeys about "expanding" the use of replay after last night's game. The general push back against that is that it takes too long already and if you expand it you open up a can of worms and now you've routinely got games taking 3 hours or more.

The problem, to me, is as much about how they review plays as it is what they review. Right now, if a team takes a timeout they have 30 seconds. Make it the same thing for replays, or maybe 60 seconds total. Expand what you can look at, but contract the amount of time you have to look at it. If you can't tell within 30-60 seconds looking at replays that have been supplied by the league, then it wasn't bad enough to overturn. Considering the play last night, it would have take about 15 seconds for the ref to see that Meier made a hand pass, and that it didn't hit a Blues player on the way to Nyqvist's stick. You might lose another 15-45 seconds based on the situation getting the stoppage time and the location of the face-off right, then you explain the call to the crowd and move on.

The other thing I have been hearing a lot today is how football can review every touchdown, so why not review every goal? I'm sorry to say that this simply isn't apples to apples. On a TD review, they are looking at things like the ball breaking the plane, is he out of bounds, does he have control of the ball. If there is a holding call that was missed on the TD, they're not calling it back to assess the penalty. So, while I am in favor of expanding what can be reviewed and shrinking the amount of time an official has to make the review, you have to be really explicit about what types of missed calls you can review and correct, and that is where the league ends up in a trick bag on this issue, and why they will be slow to change how the replay system is utilized.

I'm totally on board with your idea. The whole point of the offsides replay was to prevent a repeat of that goal Duchene scored a few years back where he was 5 feet offside. If it's not clear that you missed the call immediately upon review, then it wasn't egregious enough to have truly affected the play.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
penalty shot if they get it wrong. will make it so teams are 100% certain before challenging anything.
Sorry Tim and Sid or what is that radioshow tell excatly same option. Penalty shot and IMO that isn't right direction.

Coach challange is good, but need to fix so it wont BE nitpick like offside rule is.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Some talk that there is a deal agreed between Pittsburgh and Minnesota based around an exchange of Kessel and Zucker. That really seems like the kind of stupid move Minnesota would make.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Some talk that there is a deal agreed between Pittsburgh and Minnesota based around an exchange of Kessel and Zucker. That really seems like the kind of stupid move Minnesota would make.
Link?

Nvm found it

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Just saw it being speculated as Zucker and Rask for Kessel and Johnson.

I feel like that’s a bad trade for Pittsburgh. Rask is horrible and Kessel is significantly better than Zucker.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Just saw it being speculated as Zucker and Rask for Kessel and Johnson.

I feel like that’s a bad trade for Pittsburgh. Rask is horrible and Kessel is significantly better than Zucker.
That Johnson contract is longer and he looked terrible every time I seen him this season.

If Minnesota were competing? Not a bad move.

This isn't going to make them better than us, the Jets, Preds, Avs or Stars. I just have no idea what management is thinking there, they need to be moving players out for younger pieces rather than getting older.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Zucker >>> Kessel

Zucker was unlucky this year like much of the Wild's whole team as far as production, but the underlying numbers are still around where they were in the two very good seasons he had before. Kessel is an anchor defensively and very likely to decline even more in the next couple years. Not sure what the Wild are thinking here. I thought they were going into a rebuild.

Reactions: Klank Loves You

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
lol Lindbohm, Mikkola and Hakanpää has scored vs. Sweden. :laugh:

coincidence?
What's going on with Lindbohm? Has he signed another deal with Lausanne? Or talk or the KHL?

He's only 25, so we still have his rights this summer and next.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Zucker >>> Kessel

Zucker was unlucky this year like much of the Wild's whole team as far as production, but the underlying numbers are still around where they were in the two very good seasons he had before. Kessel is an anchor defensively and very likely to decline even more in the next couple years. Not sure what the Wild are thinking here. I thought they were going into a rebuild.
I can see why some would prefer Zucker at $5.5m when he is 27-30 compared to $6.8m for Kessel at 32-34. But, when Kessel is still producing at PPG pace then I'd take him every time.

If Kessel didn't have any trade protection? I could understand this trade. Kessel until the deadline and then if they aren't competitive they can eat 50% of the contract and send him to a contenter for more than they'd ever have got for Zucker. But they are crazy if they think they can compete in the Central.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I can see why some would prefer Zucker at $5.5m when he is 27-30 compared to $6.8m for Kessel at 32-34. But, when Kessel is still producing at PPG pace then I'd take him every time.

If Kessel didn't have any trade protection? I could understand this trade. Kessel until the deadline and then if they aren't competitive they can eat 50% of the contract and send him to a contenter for more than they'd ever have got for Zucker. But they are crazy if they think they can compete in the Central.
Even without taking age into account I'd rather have Zucker, Kessel is that bad defensively. We can all agree though that conceptually this trade does not make much sense for the Wild.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Zucker is underrated defensively, and he can play a heavy game when engaged (similar to Tarasenko). I also contend that he is best used as a RW.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
What's going on with Lindbohm? Has he signed another deal with Lausanne? Or talk or the KHL?

He's only 25, so we still have his rights this summer and next.
I really don't know has he make another deal with Lausanne or does he move to KHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad