OT: Around the NHL: Cup or bust for the Leafs and Oilers? Bust it is!

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, I meant the hurricane.

Also, jesus. What a f***ing douchebag. He went from annoying to repulsive pretty quick over the past year or so.

-edit- Double yikes.

View attachment 913269
What a dumb f***ing :eek::eek::eek::eek:.

It's insane this fat slop is younger than Sid.

Pretty cool.

Thought the “freedom” inscription was weird even for the US 😝 but apparently it has to do with a Maurice speech

Not gonna lie that's a thing of beauty and I'm a bloke that doesn't even wear my wedding ring.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
It's amazing to me how this league still refuses to do anything about shots to the head. Hiding behind this "it will remove hitting from the game" rhetoric is dumb.
C'mon, you minimize injury possibility if you graze someone's jersey before cold-cocking them in the head.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
C'mon, you minimize injury possibility if you graze someone's jersey before cold-cocking them in the head.
Getzlaf and Parros as the DoPs is hilariously bad. It's cronyism hiring and hiring based off of his ivy league pedigree for Parros while having zero actual experience to be in a role like that given the way he played. It's funny how they never hire the ex player that was dealt dirty hits etc.

Instead it's always some twat that was a powerforward or some gritty marginal turd of an NHL player like Parros and he hired his mate.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Good news for women beaters!

You can get a job with the Red Wings.
The issue with the Watson thing is that there's been a lot of info that came out after that was ignored, I too, disliked him when it first happened but when I read about his GF and her issues, it all started to add up and made sense about what went down that day and she's right - it'll stay with him forever as a mark and that's kind of unfair. This isn't DeSmith and Voynov, this was his GF - an addict, going off on him and he likely had to restrain her and the cops got involved and the optics made it seem a lot worse and black and white when it wasn't. I can respect that there was more to it and he's not in the same boat as say a DeSmith and Voynov, but this is akin to Varlamov's case - Where in the end, it was found that his GF at the time was charged in court with abuse of the process and owed Varlamov 126k - Which likely meant she started it and then played victim when Varlamov defended himself as the case was also dropped and that was the result of the civil suit (she was looking for a payout, essentially trying to extort him - Jury backs Varlamov in civil case, awards goalie $126K , also she's maybe a little crazy, his agent warned him not to date her and she also got a tattoo of Varlamov when they barely knew each other, that's like a top 5 red flag)

Here's the full story:

Jennifer Guardino opened up Wednesday about her relationship with Predators forward Austin Watson, his arrest last summer on a misdemeanor domestic violence charge and her struggles with addiction and mental health on "Off Ice with Ida & Julie," a podcast hosted by the wives of Watson's teammates Kyle Turris and Mattias Ekholm.

Guardino, Watson's girlfriend and mother of the couple's young daughter, spent a lot of the podcast discussing her own childhood struggles, how she was bullied and lived in a toxic environment that led her to turn to drugs and alcohol during her late teens.

"I think to this day the hardest thing for me to get over in regards to that incident is the way that Austin and myself were viewed," Guardino said during the podcast. "You know things from that day will follow him forever and kind of, in a sense, haunt him.

"It breaks my heart because he is such a loving man. He's a phenomenal father and works so hard to create safe environment for me and (our) daughter. It's hard for me to say I would take anything back because today him and I are in such a bitchin' place ... and are so strong from what happened.

"I think a lot of people were expecting us to part ways and not know what to do."

Guardino said in October 2018 that Watson did not commit domestic violence against her.

"Austin Watson has never and would never hit or abuse me," Guardino said then. "My behavior and state of intoxication led to the police being involved that day."

The other part.

Also funny how the league didn't like the reduced suspension, like the league acting all high and mighty about a situation that wasn't as clear and easy as they wanted it to be, this from a league that is super pathetic with how they've handled previous suspension and issues.

Last edited:

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
The issue with the Watson thing is that there's been a lot of info that came out after that was ignored, I too, disliked him when it first happened but when I read about his GF and her issues, it all started to add up and made sense about what went down that day and she's right - it'll stay with him forever as a mark and that's kind of unfair. This isn't DeSmith and Voynov, this was his GF - an addict, going off on him and he likely had to restrain her and the cops got involved and the optics made it seem a lot worse and black and white when it wasn't. I can respect that there was more to it and he's not in the same boat as say a DeSmith and Voynov, but this is akin to Varlamov's case - Where in the end, it was found that his GF at the time was charged in court with abuse of the process and owed Varlamov 126k - Which likely meant she started it and then played victim when Varlamov defended himself as the case was also dropped and that was the result of the civil suit (she was looking for a payout, essentially trying to extort him - Jury backs Varlamov in civil case, awards goalie $126K , also she's maybe a little crazy, his agent warned him not to date her and she also got a tattoo of Varlamov when they barely knew each other, that's like a top 5 red flag)

Here's the full story:

The other part.

Also funny how the league didn't like the reduced suspension, like the league acting all high and mighty about a situation that wasn't as clear and easy as they wanted it to be, this from a league that is super pathetic with how they've handled previous suspension and issues.
I never heard all of this, so thank you for shining new light on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad