OT: Around the NHL - Cat Scratch Fever

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
😂 Borderline cringe but I’ll give it a pass mark

IMG_0024.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
They are totally unrelated

Huh? They are explicitly related.

What is the biggest cost for any NHL team? Player salaries.

I mean the Wild owner signed Parise and Suter to those ludicrious contracts and then months later bellyached the salaries are out of control.

The owner's platform of expensive contracts is ignoring the obvious and they have no one to blame but themselves. Just a month ago the Minnesota Wild signed Zach Parise to a 13-year, 98 million dollar deal. That ridiculous contract was signed while the same owner complained about the flaws in the current system and helped devise a plan to reduce salaries across the board.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Huh? They are explicitly related.

What is the biggest cost for any NHL team? Player salaries.

I mean the Wild owner signed Parise and Suter to those ludicrious contracts and then months later bellyached the salaries are out of control.

The owner's platform of expensive contracts is ignoring the obvious and they have no one to blame but themselves. Just a month ago the Minnesota Wild signed Zach Parise to a 13-year, 98 million dollar deal. That ridiculous contract was signed while the same owner complained about the flaws in the current system and helped devise a plan to reduce salaries across the board.
Lockouts happen because owners want to strongarm players into accepting less money to reduce costs. Total player salaries are tied to league revenue and have been for quite some time, so individual contacts have no impact

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Marchessault - they're dicks.
Vegas - here's a thank you legend!

They did the same to Fleury, told him he was safe, traded him, then put out a thank you blast. f***ing twats.

Hahahahaha god I love hockey deep fakes.
I need to make a deep fake about Sullivan saying f*** the youth, I'm gonna stick with my veterans, Harkins has more heart than this entire roster, I'm untouched...

Never made 1, probably never will.
I made maybe 1? It's gonna be fun when the losers I've put on ignore like Ryder etc, make GDT'S and I can't see them at all, lol.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Marchessault - they're dicks.
Vegas - here's a thank you legend!

They did the same to Fleury, told him he was safe, traded him, then put out a thank you blast. f***ing twats.

I need to make a deep fake about Sullivan saying f*** the youth, I'm gonna stick with my veterans, Harkins has more heart than this entire roster, I'm untouched...
Told a work buddy of mine I should make some Crosby deepfakes where it looks like Crosby is asking him a Q&A. He's a huge Pens/Crosby fan.

• Haha
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Imo Tampas a good candidate to potentially fall off a cliff.

1. Their coach has been there 10 seasons
2. The pillars of their defense are old with hard miles.
3. Their powerplay is going to regress without Stamkos and so will Kucherovs production.
4. They lost their captain and most liked player on the team.
5. Their depth still sucks like it did last season.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Damn, my hopes of Lundell being a Penguin are squashed, been a fan of his as a prospect, just an absolute stud of a player that would have easily slot into the Pens 2nd line and allowed Geno to move to RW. Absolute beast of a 2-way center that can also produce.

In any case, lol Jack Johnson reuniting with the Jackets is funny, I wonder if he's finally made back a decent nest egg yet and hopefully as been investing.

I had Fabbro pegged as a buyout or at worst a trade with a sweetener, funny it took this long for Yzerman but I wonder what the conditions are on that 4th round pick they sent with Fabbri.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Imo Tampas a good candidate to potentially fall off a cliff.

1. Their coach has been there 10 seasons
2. The pillars of their defense are old with hard miles.
3. Their powerplay is going to regress without Stamkos and so will Kucherovs production.
4. They lost their captain and most liked player on the team.
5. Their depth still sucks like it did last season.

First, I'm still shocked Capfriendly is up and working...

But anyways, the Bolts. I don't see them falling off a cliff at all. I think they'll be in the thick of things for the playoffs. Vasilevskiy had a weird start last season, came back from an injury and never really got into a proper groove all season. Cooper is a coach that has actually been able to adapt and keep his team competitive all the while not having these high draft picks or many draft picks to help his team, he's been great at turning decent to ok players into very good ones in that span as well. Sullivan is the opposite, refuses to adapt because he thinks his system is fine and that he has the wrong mix of players and he has the opposite effect on players - They'll have hot streaks but then be insanely inconsistent and he never figures out how to get them back on track.

I was reminded of Rodrigues in Florida how Maurice and his staff told E-Rod not to do too much, just focus on his strengths and play to them and that he was always trying to make up for cold streaks by focusing on other ways to help instead of just his game and he was better for it. Sullivan is buttf*** clueless about shit like that because for one, he doesn't even give a rat's ass to do any research about the players he gets and what made them successful elsewhere first.

They still have in addition to Kucherov, Point, and Guentzel, the following: Cirelli, Hagel, Paul, and depth round outs like Sheary, Atkinson, Girgensons, Eyssimont, and Glendening = 11 Forwards (and 6D) with 5m and some change in cap space.

They also added Conor Geekie and he'll have a shot in camp, youth like Goncalves and likely a lot of PTO's to sign cheap to 1yr deals to earn their next pay day if they do well. Geekie could be an interesting one to keep an eye out on, he's a pain in the ass 2-way C that has a very good touch around the net, he would be surrounded by a decent group of veterans on that team. Ironically their Defense is still younger than the Penguins D, lol.

Perbix, Cernak, and Moser are all under 30 (26, 27, an 24) and then they have two blokes that are 35 and 33 in McDonagh and Hedman as well as Raddysh who really blossomed last season for them. Kucherov might not nail 100 assists next season, but he's 30 and has a lot of good years left in him and Guentzel slots into where Stamkos was to help with that production.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Also, the Blues...curious squad. You would think dumping Hayes meant they were going to do a rebuild/retool but instead they've added a lot of veterans to their squad like Faksa, both Joseph's, Texier, and kept Kapanen (hopefully his injuries and that off ice incident are behind him, I still hope he succeeds, his cousin was recently drafted by a team - I think Habs?).

I really like the Mathieu Joseph add, he's a hard nosed player that has decent production for a bottom 6 player, he's a solid complimentary add to their depth that will chip in here and there. Curious to see if Bannister & Co can fix Faksa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad