Report: ROR made an push for Preds to trade for MM

Oct 18, 2010
The only paper that tells the truth:
attachment.php

Auston Matthews looks like the guy in the top right

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
You notice how the Marner Defense Team™, Powered by Quartexx Management via their contractor Rocket Security, latches on to hearsay about stuff that favours their opinion but refutes ANY reports to the contrary?

Cool story Bro.

Reactions: Enniskillen

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Is anyone surprised ROR likes Mitch? His first trip back to Toronto after leaving for Nashville he spent time hanging with Mitch, JT and Rielly - they’re friends. Said he had good relationships on the team, but he likes the chill vibe of being an NHLer in Nashville - goes out with his fam and is not recognized, vs. the intense scrutiny of being a Leaf.

He’s a pretty straight up guy, personally I just take him at his word re: his motivations.

Source: ‘You do kind of fly under the radar’: Ryan O’Reilly talks decision to leave Toronto – Sportsnet.ca

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Very interesting. O'Reilly is a fierce competitor. If Mitch is his guy, Mitch should be our guy too. I wonder sometimes if Marner's laid back demeanor off the ice affects how people see him. I love Marner so when I say let him walk, it's for entirely different reasons he didn't cause FYI. Hearing this makes me question my thoughts on this though. I wish O'Reilly had stayed.

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
Very interesting. O'Reilly is a fierce competitor. If Mitch is his guy, Mitch should be our guy too. I wonder sometimes if Marner's laid back demeanor off the ice affects how people see him. I love Marner so when I say let him walk, it's for entirely different reasons he didn't cause FYI. Hearing this makes me question my thoughts on this though. I wish O'Reilly had stayed.
So naïve.

Reactions: IPS

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Ryan would have signed here if the Chief was named coach last year rather then this year.

He’s not dumb, and he’s in the room. Heck he’s a Conn Smythe winner.

He also could clear be seeing saying “what the f” after that wonderful second period start vs Florida last year.

The guy is a competitor and the Leafs were not.

As soon as Keefe was staying, him and Luke bounced.

however, have you ever been to Nashville?

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
Which do you disagree with? That I said it's interesting Ryan O'Reilly likes Marner or that I said the Leafs should let him walk anyway? Let's get specific here so I can nail down exactly where I'm going wrong in your worldview.
You believe hearsay. Naïve.

Ror Said it.

Brian Burke also said that you keep MM and trade Nylander and I agree
Interesting... Were you in the room?

• Haha
Reactions: IPS and Metroid

LegChairGM

Jun 29, 2021
More gold from Marners previous contract:

Ain't going to win with a greedy player like this.

Wanting to be paid like a 27 year old who just signed a UFA contract and also was a two time Hart nominee, former 1st overall pick and plays center.

Wanting to paid like a 1st overall pick, who scored 40 goals as a rookie, plays center. Also a player who just paced the same as Marner but with 3rd and 4th liners (Marleau, Johnsson and Kapanen)

Meanwhile Marner just finished a season playing with a 27 year old elite centerman (Tavares) and Hyman.

Get this bum out of here.
They really should have played hard ball with him when he was an RFA. You can't pay a playmaking winger franchise center money, agreed.

Reactions: Antropovsky

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Come on man, we've read that for months here, insinuated he didn't like the room, extrapolating to Marner every time.

Later, it speaks for itself and so does the mob mentality here.
Lol. No it wasn't. He was pissed that Keefe didn't let him respond to what Bennett did to Knies. Ergo. The culture of the team.

It had nothing to do with Marner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad