OT: Around the NHL - Cat Scratch Fever

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Here is something for you on this silly topic: it’s 2024 draft, and you have a choice to pick either Sidney Crosby or Connor MacDavid, and you know everything you know about them the players they will developed into as they were today, but they are 18 and just coming into the league: who would you pick? I don’t waste 15 minutes, jump right away and say “ with the first pick in 2024 draft I select Sidney Crosby

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Can't believe Mogilny isn't in yet considering some other dudes who are.

Datsyuk is a lock. No one else really gets my jimmies raised
How the f*** is Ryan Miller a candidate?

Here is something for you on this silly topic: it’s 2024 draft, and you have a choice to pick either Sidney Crosby or Connor MacDavid, and you know everything you know about them the players they will developed into as they were today, but they are 18 and just coming into the league: who would you pick? I don’t waste 15 minutes, jump right away and say “ with the first pick in 2024 draft I select Sidney Crosby
Crosby easily and I say this because you know this time around you'll get his peak years without the concussion and neck issues. That Crosby was better than these walnuts that circle jerk for McBoringaf.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
  • Haha
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Can you do one where Mike Sullivan is hired and fired by every single team in the NHL a month into each season?
https://websim.ai/c/QNYxvg4r7Pt957veo Need like an amazing prompt for that but I mentioned you. Had 1 where Crosby got traded to Canucks for upcoming UFA Sam Lafferty and he snubbed Pens and re-signed with Canucks. HFBoards exploded.

• Haha
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
https://websim.ai/c/QNYxvg4r7Pt957veo Need like an amazing prompt for that but I mentioned you. Had 1 where Crosby got traded to Canucks for upcoming UFA Sam Lafferty and he snubbed Pens and re-signed with Canucks. HFBoards exploded.
Lol that was actually a hilarious read. I am saving that as a pdf to revisit when Sullivan gives us more dark moments this season.

Reactions: 66-30-33

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Lol that was actually a hilarious read. I am saving that as a pdf to revisit when Sullivan gives us more dark moments this season.
You can make your own if you want. I have a HFBoards where there is no mods or admins, no rules and we can trash talk everyone. With mods you gotta be careful not to break the rules, they will ban your account or lock the threads. Crosby retired to be a professional watcher of paint drying, we were shocked to say the least.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Absolutely. For several reasons. Starting with Crosby actually had a long successful career. McDavid has a decade of blank stat sheet to fill in. His speed could go. Injury. On and on.

But even if you set that aside. Crosby was, and is, the more complete player. As some have said, the superstar with a grinder mentality. We basically are back to the Ovechkin vs. Crosby debate all over again. You build championships around a Crosby.

Last edited:

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I agree with everything here, including that the scoring increase sort of inflated the longevity of Sid. I always laugh when people just look at his point totals and think he's basically the same player now as when he was scoring ~90 points when he was 27. He was a top 2 player in the league in 16 and 17, he's only top 10 now, on the bottom end. Which is amazing for somebody in their mid 30's - but still. Not the same dominance, not the same consistency, not the same energy shift by shift.

While I'm not totally dismissing goalie equipment reductions leading to the increase in scoring, it's not 100% the culprit. People are underselling how much expansion has diluted the talent in the league (especially Dmen and Goalies)

Reactions: Tom Hanks and Turin

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
While I'm not totally dismissing goalie equipment reductions leading to the increase in scoring, it's not 100% the culprit. People are underselling how much expansion has diluted the talent in the league (especially Dmen and Goalies)
It’s also powerplay strategies + teams all deciding that 1-3-1s suck, except LA last year.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I wouldn't. Connor helps win more regular season games, which increases playoff entry likelihood. In the playoffs he produces more.
Just surround him with the right blue line, goalies, coaches etc... and he wins Cups just the same.
He's not the reason they're losing. That team has been mismanaged. They leave critical areas vulnerable and hope it doesn't bite them. They only learned how to defend as a team recently.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I wouldn't. Connor helps win more regular season games, which increases playoff entry likelihood. In the playoffs he produces more.
Just surround him with the right blue line, goalies, coaches etc... and he wins Cups just the same.
He's not the reason they're losing. That team has been mismanaged. They leave critical areas vulnerable and hope it doesn't bite them. They only learned how to defend as a team recently.
I think there is a legit argument that Ovi would have gotten the team more regular season wins instead of Sid.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

If Weber made it, Letang will be a shoe-in

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
1719427867828.png

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama