Around the NHL 2024 - Offseason Moves

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Tampa also traded Sergachev. Making room to keep Stammer I'm guessing
I’m not at all sure I trust the stories going around… the idea they would have asked Stamkos to take a cap circumventing 8x$3M deal seems preposterous. But it is TB after all.

Or that they’d flip to Guentzel instead when their lifer Captain hero understandably wouldn’t accept that.

Seems bizarre all around. But ok, I’m down for about 5x$8M for Stamkos here :dunno:

Reactions: bdub24 and PredsV82

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I’m not at all sure I trust the stories going around… the idea they would have asked Stamkos to take a cap circumventing 8x$3M deal seems preposterous. But it is TB after all.

Or that they’d flip to Guentzel instead when their lifer Captain hero understandably wouldn’t accept that.

Seems bizarre all around. But ok, I’m down for about 5x$8M for Stamkos here :dunno:
Well they just traded for Guentzel's rights. Guentzel will be 30 at end of season vs Stamkos being 35.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I dare to hope that all their maneuvering is good news for that 1st we own. :crossfing

Guentzel might be better than Stamkos at this point but it should sort of damage morale to punt the Captain like that? :dunno:
Punted sergachev and jeannot as well. Honestly kindof like the maneuvering theyve done. Sergachev got them solid assets back that should help them out for this year with Moser being a good 3rd pairing option that will continue to grow and Geekie possibly fitting into the roster this season. Guentzel will fill in Stamkos' production. Not sure what Moser or Guentzel will make but between the two i imagine itll be 10+ million so theyll have 5 million or so to finish out a roster

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Visiting from King's forum. Re Blake - first he goes for PLD, now for Jeanott - suspecting its the same level of hopium. Can you tell us how he went from 41pts to what looks like a quiet quit next 2 seasons (or respond to this post Kings News: - Kings acquire Tanner Jeanott from the Lightning). Thanks for any insights
Most of it is explained by a very unsustainable S% in his 41pt year. The rest probably by lower usage/TOI and a couple of lower body injuries hampering his already suspect skating.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Most of it is explained by a very unsustainable S% in his 41pt year. The rest probably by lower usage/TOI and a couple of lower body injuries hampering his already suspect skating.
He also started chasing hits rather than taking hits when its part of the play. It became insanely noticeable the last half of his time here. But I agree, he stopped having an insane shooting percentage. The odds he ever hits 40 pts again is pretty low imo.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If the twitter rumors of Stamkos at 3x6 are true sign me up
If you mean 3 million x 6 years then that is a lie. Tampa apparently offered him 3 x 8 so there is no way he is taking two less seasons from someone else at the same money.

Now if you mean 6 million x 3 then yeah I say go for it and think that is much more believable.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Saw that shooting pct.. saw he scored a lot of goals that season on tips. Thx for getting back

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro

Stuff like this leads me to believe that the Predators have a legitimate shot at Stamkos.

If Trotz can get Stephenson and Stamkos in free agency, I think the forward group has a solid chance of being pretty competitive this upcoming season.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I am 75% yes on signing Stamkos. You would have the following as the top 6.

Forsberg-O'Reilly/Stamkos-Nyqvist/Evangelista
Novak-O'Reilly/Stamkos-Nyqvist/Evangelista

THAT could be fun. The other 2 lines are:

?-Sissons-Glass
Smith-McC-?
Janokowski

Room for kids to win a spot and a top 6 which could be very fun. My worry is D, UNLESS a bunch of Ads players are ready?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00