Around the NHL 2024 - Offseason Moves

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Well, it was nice of the Oilers to finally show up after going down 0-3. The Panthers are having trouble with stickhandling. :oops:

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
5-1. Hockey is so weird. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if FL blows the Oilers out in a boring Game 7. So random. It’s why I love it.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I can’t root for any of these teams they’re not the Preds. My standby is go meteor go but seeing a Ekholm in the cup would be nice. The big drawback would be Corey Perry winning the cup.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I can’t root for any of these teams they’re not the Preds. My standby is go meteor go but seeing a Ekholm in the cup would be nice. The big drawback would be Corey Perry winning the cup.
I don't care how many years he played us, he's a McDroiler. f*** him. Hope they lose game 7 in the most heartbreaking fashion and don't get close to another Cup chance.

Reactions: hido and Armourboy

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
To me that's less a reason to want the Oilers to win and more a small consolation.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I'd really like to see Barkov win. Don't know how I feel about Panthers as a team, but I just hope Barkov wins.

Oilers are pretty much a meme for how many top picks they've had and nothing to show for, but other than that I don't necessarily wish them ill. At the same time I don't think they deserve this damn cinderella story. Well I guess McDavid would 🤔

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
If nothing else McDavid getting a cup, especially in these circumstances would shut down a lot of the silly talk of "playoff choking" or whatever nonsense gets thrown around. Taking this flawed team to a Cup would be a legacy definer.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If nothing else McDavid getting a cup, especially in these circumstances would shut down a lot of the silly talk of "playoff choking" or whatever nonsense gets thrown around. Taking this flawed team to a Cup would be a legacy definer.
...and immediately replace it with even more silly and dangerous talk of "see, tanking works". And then I would have to stab everybody. And I don't want to have to stab everybody. There's just so many people nowadays. It'd be a lot of hard work.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
...and immediately replace it with even more silly and dangerous talk of "see, tanking works". And then I would have to stab everybody. And I don't want to have to stab everybody. There's just so many people nowadays. It'd be a lot of hard work.
I mean, tanking can work. It's just that there are other ways to build a team too. Tanking is one of the riskier options. It's not a realistic option in Nashville anyway given the roster construction and arguably the market forces. Nor is it really necessary given the prospect pool.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
No, it can't. It literally never does. The only way it can be said to "work" is if you change your definition of what tanking is to make it seem somewhat more acceptable. But deliberately sabotaging your team never ends well.
I guess we'd have to define tanking. Accepting bad seasons as part of a rebuild seems to generally be defined as tanking these days. And it has worked for some teams. Some have found success without doing it. Others have ended up in the doldrums for a decade. Still others have found themselves stuck in the middle for long stretches.

The only constant is that no matter what path is chosen, mismanagement kills. I'm not of the opinion that there's one way to skin the cat, but to deny that teams have found success by bottoming out seems inaccurate. I don't like that or think it's a realistic option for Nashville, mind you.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
For how random a game of hockey is, I find it silly how much individuals are belittled for the lack of team success.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I guess we'd have to define tanking. Accepting bad seasons as part of a rebuild seems to generally be defined as tanking these days.
That's what I was referring to with a "revised definition". When the hardcore advocates get on it, what they mean is not just accepting bad seasons, but actively seeking ways to make seasons bad.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I think it would be worth the effort. I'm sure you wouldn't get to everybody anyhow. But start off in the right place, hopefully you'll get to a good number before they take you down? :dunno:

Reactions: Viqsi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad