Around the NHL 2024 - Offseason Moves

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
NHL scheduling is so weird. Two games on Friday, both east coast. Two games yesterday. Five games today, all 7PM EST starts. Obviously the lack of Sunday/Monday games is the NFL, and Friday is just a low viewer night in general...but the ratings aren't all that great for hockey anyway and you cannibalize your audience by going with 10+ games on other nights. I know there are arena availability issues, but otherwise even it up a bit and also give us at least one EST and one MST/PST game every night of the week.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
:eyeroll: Usually when someone's trying to be intellectually honest they at least try to gather information rather than dismissing it out of hand. That's a bullshit counterpoint and you should be ashamed.
I said up front with this:

" As I've said in the past, no matter what evidence someone might have, no one will ever convince me that lottery draft wasn't rigged. "

Yet you still felt the need to try :laugh:

And I do not feel ashamed. I've listened to enough documentaries from Frontline PBS lately about Finance, Law, and the Government to not believe a dang thing that is put out in the media. They all will lie through their teeth if they think it will make them more money.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
And again...just 2 games tonight, both EST games. Couple that with the just 2 EST games on Friday and the NHL effectively conceded 4 of the 7 nights this week. Really stupid strategy.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
And again...just 2 games tonight, both EST games. Couple that with the just 2 EST games on Friday and the NHL effectively conceded 4 of the 7 nights this week. Really stupid strategy.
NHL and AHL schedules early in this season are odd. Milwaukees first 2 games are a week apart (14th and 21st) followed by 3 games next week.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I personally think we wouldve gotten rhe Ottawa version of DeBrincat not the current Detroit model.
He's a finisher and has been when given correct opportunity. I'm not sure we have a finisher on the team currently. At some point we might have to figure out how to acquire one even if it means not every box is checked for desired player attributes.

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
Tomasino is headed toward The End at a steady rate. Surely so many people(Preds and fans) cannot be this wrong about a youngster. Preds have the worst luck with young forwards. Don’t give up yet, Preds! His potential, though waning, remains untapped. 4 games into a new system isn’t long enough but he’s truly showing very little.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Watching Columbus play tonight, even though they are winning this is kind of rough to watch. Stumbling, and bumbling is a pretty good description.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Now we see what the NHL does. It's not a star in the league so they may not mind using it to flex some muscle. Not so much that its needed on this, but more for future things that may be banned.

Then again it's the NHL so I suspect they act like it didn't even happen. They can't even be consistent on easy things that are actually dangerous like putting an elbow in someone's face.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Good for Travis. Also interesting to see he’s a UFA so basically has something to lose here.

He was literally the ONLY player in the league using pride tape regularly throughout the season. Everyone else might put it on for a pride night. Not surprising he'd put some on his stick shaft.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
McDavid out for 1-2 weeks ... not long enough to qualify for LTIR meaning the already limited Oilers are now down to 20 skaters per game due to their cap woes.

With our luck he'll return healthy, rested, and hungry just in time for our next matchup in early November.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
He was literally the ONLY player in the league using pride tape regularly throughout the season. Everyone else might put it on for a pride night. Not surprising he'd put some on his stick shaft.

Good for him continuing to support what he believes in, despite what the league mandated.

Reactions: weeze

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Good for him continuing to support what he believes in, despite what the league mandated.
One player used a single wrap of a product mid stick ... the only player to have regularly used the product in the first place. Outside of one night a season, the players as a whole don't do a thing outside of contrived event nights ... and that applies to all of the theme nights. One player consistently with pride tape, none with a camo tape job, none with police or fire wraps, none with flag color wraps for Hispanic heritage month, none with a consistent purple stick wrap for the longest running specialty -- Hockey Fights Cancer.

A player using pride tape outside of a specialty night is more rare than a player opting out of a specialty jersey ... but nobody bothered to mention that for years because it doesn't generate the media controversy and therefore clicks.

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
Looks like NHL EDGE data is now available to the public, should create some interesting discussions around the league...

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
Good for Travis. Also interesting to see he’s a UFA so basically has something to lose here.

Please, can't we just play hockey. When leagues advocate political / social issues, it's a negative regardless of what your stance is. I have issues I'm passionate about, but I don't want my hockey team supporting my views, or a political / social cause. I want a better PK.

We've reached the point where, if the league/team doesn't outwardly support some political / social causes, it's the equivalent of supporting the opposite stance on those political /social causes.

How did we get here?

If you support this particular cause, that is your right. But ask yourself, which counter-to-your-beliefs cause would be a bridge too far for you? How about Donald Trump Bobblehead Night? Or Border Control Night? It becomes a circular firing squad, guaranteed to drive some portion of people away from the team and the sport for something that has nothing to do with the team or the sport.

However, sign me up for "Better Penalty Kill" Night.

Reactions: CRay and 101st_fan

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Now we see what the NHL does. It's not a star in the league so they may not mind using it to flex some muscle. Not so much that its needed on this, but more for future things that may be banned.

Then again it's the NHL so I suspect they act like it didn't even happen. They can't even be consistent on easy things that are actually dangerous like putting an elbow in someone's face.
So far it seems like they are indeed going to act like it didn't even happen. :laugh:

Dermott only had a little bit on the shaft of his stick anyway, so it was a bit of a trial run, testing the waters. Hopefully now that players see the league isn't going to do anything, they just open the floodgates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad