Around the NHL 2024/25

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Nashville 0-5 with a league worst -13 goal differential (yikes). Really tempted to dig up some “DO SOMETHING CHEVY” posts from early July. Colorado 1-4 is a slow start too.

Honestly Shit happens and I never take this stuff too seriously early in the season. Last year when Edmonton got off to that terrible start I never felt they were out of it. However Nashville needs to get their shit together because other than Josi (who is now 34), and Forsberg, they don’t have a very talented team. Last season they overachieved a bit made the playoffs by playing a really stingy game and also riding the career seasons from Forsberg and shockingly Nyquist as well as solid depth scoring. Off season comes and rookie GM decides what this group really needs is a couple of 34 year old skilled wingers from free agency and so far it seems that has been a bad idea.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Nashville 0-5 with a league worst -13 goal differential (yikes). Really tempted to dig up some “DO SOMETHING CHEVY” posts from early July. Colorado 1-4 is a slow start too.

Honestly Shit happens and I never take this stuff too seriously early in the season. Last year when Edmonton got off to that terrible start I never felt they were out of it. However Nashville needs to get their shit together because other than Josi (who is now 34), and Forsberg, they don’t have a very talented team. Last season they overachieved a bit made the playoffs by playing a really stingy game and also riding the career seasons from Forsberg and shockingly Nyquist as well as solid depth scoring. Off season comes and rookie GM decides what this group really needs is a couple of 34 year old skilled wingers from free agency and so far it seems that has been a bad idea.
I've been thinking the same thing

Reactions: ps241

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB

Add to it Saros who got a new contract that starts next year who has not been up to snuff so far this year

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
I don't get the Preds love. Josi is great, Skeji is good ($7m x 7 seems insane though) and then what?

1st line: Forsberg is great. O'Reilly 1C? Nyqust ain't near a 75 point player ever again.

2nd line: I'm sure Stamkos will find his place. Who is Tommy Novak? Evangelista, why isn't Marchessault here?

3rd/4th line: Matchessault and some guys.

Seems like a team competing for a wild card to me.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015

Betting sites always had Edmonton as cup favourites even when they were 10 pts out of playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad