Around the NHL 2024/25

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I am super happy with Yager so I don't really feel any real loss from a hockey standpoint in the trade.

Rutger getting sent down to the AHL to me validates how the Jets handled this situation (as best as we know it). They were not going to guarantee a spot, nor lie about it to get him to sign. Rutger got an NHL opportunity on a team with less winger depth and showed he needs some AHL time.

If it was a straight up living in Winnipeg issue, well, not a lot that Chevy can do about that (besides make a great trade I guess).
Yeah, Chevy did well here and by all accounts, most are more than pleased with Yager. Can’t wait to see him be an integral part of Team Canada at the WJHC’s

Sometimes good things come to those who are patient and when Yager gets here, we’ll have long forgotten old mc what’s his face.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

laugh-lmao.gif

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The amount of butthurt about the WPG complex is again way too high people 😂
For me it has nothing to do with Winnipeg, it's a kid who hasn't played one second of hockey in the NHL demanding he gets a spot in the top 6 . All i know is obviously Chevy and the Jets did the right thing in trading him and getting a very good prospect back.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The amount of butthurt about the WPG complex is again way too high people 😂
I could care less about the WPG complex. I left Winnipeg because it sucks and I didn't want to live there any longer.

My issue was how a kid who hadn't played a second of pro was trying to leverage signing with us by trying to force his way into the lineup.

That shit can't stand - that hurts small market teams the most. It's ok, I'm really excited for Yaeger and have moved on, but of course I will be following Rutger McMinors and cheering for his failure.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
For me it has nothing to do with Winnipeg, it's a kid who hasn't played one second of hockey in the NHL demanding he gets a spot in the top 6 . All i know is obviously Chevy and the Jets did the right thing in trading him and getting a very good prospect back.

If it would have been just about that, there wouldn't be that many people taking it personaly here which obviously is a thing lol

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
That theory was debunked though - even Chevy said there was never a conversation with him about a guaranteed role, or anything else. Rutger simply said it's not a good fit and I won't sign. I think he probably just didn't like the City but he's not going to say that publicly.

Regardless, a trade was made and I think Chevy got good value considering the circumstances.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad