Around the NHL 2024/25

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Glass houses, etc.

That franchise will be just fine. That arena location is chefs kiss and it's a really nice facility.

I hate f*** Vegas as much as the next guy but it's a really solid edition to the nhl
We shall see especially with baseball coming next year and basketball in the near future the residents will have a lot more options.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
We shall see especially with baseball coming next year and basketball in the near future the residents will have a lot more options.
They have literally millions of tourists walking by every year.

Even if the locals split their focus there's enough northern US/ Canadian visitors to pick up the slack

Reactions: wraithsonwings

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
They have literally millions of tourists walking by every year.

Even if the locals split their focus there's enough northern US/ Canadian visitors to pick up the slack
Each tourist spends $500/day and stays 4 nights. $2000.

At a state level it Justifies giving free hockey tickets to any tourist if they stay an 5th night.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Serves him right for crafting all those magical rings of power.

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

---

This is why you don't make nerdy jokes around me :laugh:

As mac would say, I have a shirt for that.
51ct7dCUIKL._AC_UY1000_.jpg

Last edited:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Nothing warms my cockles then the Oilers losing back to back.
Agreed :nod:
Waaaay too early to count anyone out or anoint a champion.
Edmonton got a great second half from Skinner last season but I’m not convinced he’s gonna repeat that again.
Oilers are going as far as the goaltending takes them and this year I don’t believe it will be as good as last season.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I said during our PGT yesterday that if the Hawks get some goaltending they wont be an easy out, the Oilers found this out tonight.
I loved they way they played against us. People were bitching that we didn't trounce them, but the system, the players willingness to employ it and the vets they brought in are going to make them a tough opponent this year.

If Bro can find a way to play like he did for us last year in a starter role, I think they'll be in the playoff fight up to the tdl and they might actually be a buyer.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I loved they way they played against us. People were bitching that we didn't trounce them, but the system, the players willingness to employ it and the vets they brought in are going to make them a tough opponent this year.

If Bro can find a way to play like he did for us last year in a starter role, I think they'll be in the playoff fight up to the tdl and they might actually be a buyer.

Yea I really liked how them managed the neutral zone vs us. They didn’t allow us to get into a flow and I thought they were kind of stingy. They ;ppl well coached.

Reactions: Jet and voyageur

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Agreed :nod:
Waaaay too early to count anyone out or anoint a champion.
Edmonton got a great second half from Skinner last season but I’m not convinced he’s gonna repeat that again.
Oilers are going as far as the goaltending takes them and this year I don’t believe it will be as good as last season.
That defense. Ceci for Emberson was a bad trade. Letting Broberg walk after the good playoff he had. Desharnais was a key PKer. Nurse is never going to live up to that contract.

I wonder how "experts" would rank our defense. Morrissey, Samberg and Fleury is probably among the top skating left sides in the league.

If you are Mc David, in his prime, the team you pushed to the cusp of winning was deflated by one weak goal, and doesn't have the same air in it starting a new season. Oilers can't be counted out though. A slow start probably sees a coaching change and Joel Quennevile is probably going to get a coaching gig this season.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Ankles broken by Max Domi of all players. Maybe the Jets organization know a little more then Rutger in player development. I cannot wait to hear the hate when the Pens come to the CLC. I’m gonna try and get tickets for that one.

My guess is that he will be a scratch for that game. His spot in that lineup is already marginal at best so they'll probably try to shield him unless they have no choice due to injuries or him going off in the next 3 games before the game against the Jets. Probably the right decision too.

Reactions: Dale53130

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
That defense. Ceci for Emberson was a bad trade. Letting Broberg walk after the good playoff he had. Desharnais was a key PKer. Nurse is never going to live up to that contract.

I wonder how "experts" would rank our defense. Morrissey, Samberg and Fleury is probably among the top skating left sides in the league.

If you are Mc David, in his prime, the team you pushed to the cusp of winning was deflated by one weak goal, and doesn't have the same air in it starting a new season. Oilers can't be counted out though. A slow start probably sees a coaching change and Joel Quennevile is probably going to get a coaching gig this season.

Ceci for Emberson was a cap move. Plus Nurse and Ceci was a disaster in the playoffs. Also Broberg at that deal really hamstrung their cap so I understand not matching. As long as you have Bouchard and Ekholm the D is fine.

Even with the same roster as last year I understand a slow start. Hard go back to just the regular season after you've been 1 win away from a historic comeback to win the Cup. Florida is 1-2. Edmonton will top the West at the end of the season. I don't see a challenger in the Pacific Division at least.

If they fire the coach that's a bad move IMO. Hiring Quenneville with Bowman at GM is Hulk Hogan joining the nWo levels of negative attention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad