Around the NHL 2024/25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Ankle breaks have various degrees of severity, as there multiple bones that make up your ankle. If only one breaks it is relatively straightforward to immobilize and heal. If multiple bones are broken then pins/screws are required to hold it together while it heals. Young Villie is experiencing some of the complications of the later.

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Gotta love the Montreal hype train. Sportsnet claiming they added a bonafide 40 goal guy in Laine lol. He's done it once and it was a good 7 Yeats ago.

1727566709717.gif

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Why is everyone who has a different opinion of you dumb? It's not a good look.

"Why was he skating down the ice and trying to make a legitimate hockey play before someone threw out their knee and injured him?".

"I'm NOT blaming him, but. . . yeah I'm blaming him"

I don't care what the look is, especially on this forum :laugh:. If you think this is anyones fault but the guy who stuck his knee out you're a f***ing clown. The end. He didn't put himself in a vunerable position, he was skating up the ice. Unless you think Connor kinda deserved his too?

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
"Why was he skating down the ice and trying to make a legitimate hockey play before someone threw out their knee and injured him?".

I don't care what the look is, especially on this forum :laugh:. If you think this is anyones fault but the guy who stuck his knee out you're a f***ing clown. The end. He didn't put himself in a vunerable position, he was skating up the ice. Unless you think Connor kinda deserved his too?
Did the guy stick his knee out? Or was he skating normally in reverse and braced to take or give a hit to the forward charging towards him?

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Did the guy stick his knee out? Or was he skating normally in reverse and braced to take or give a hit to the forward charging towards him?
Laine doing what Laine does - coasting into the zone, legs spread, hoping he can dangle his way through -
I hope it isn't serious but he needs to realize when your coming in like that, there's a good chance you're going to be catching a leg.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I think this board has some PTSD from the Laine fan club that poisoned our well here.

Guys try to cut through the middle of the ice through the defence all the time. Dump and chasing it there was an option but I don’t think it was some breathtakingly dumb decision by him to try to cut in like that. Just an unfortunate result.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

Go back and watch it again. It wasn't a dirty play by the Leafs player. He didn't "stick his knee out".

He planted his leg as he turned his upper body to make contact and their legs collided

And yes, Laine could have avoided the whole thing by chipping the puck deep.

You're another example of a poster who doesn't seem to know shit about f*** when it comes to hockey beyond spreadsheets. When the defender plays a tight gap and takes away the ice in front of you, you take the ice behind them. And vice versa.

In this play, the D played a perfect gap on Laine to deny him the zone entry and Laine should have recognized that and chipped the puck deep. Instead he tried to dangle the 2 defenders to dish the puck to his teammate. This is the exact kind of bullshit play at the blueline that coaches hate

You mock @Jet but he understands the game at a high level, both in terms of gameplay/tactics and the hockey culture/unwritten side of it. I don't see that from you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad