Around the NHL - 2024-25 season.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Are the Oilers forward Dylan Holloway and dman Philip Broberg prime offer sheet candidates? Both are RFA's who currently aren't under contract and the Oilers are at the moment $2.4m over the cap limit with all the signings they've done in the past few days (Skinner, Arvidsson, Henrique, Perry, Janmark, Brown, Stecher, Picard). Unless the new Oilers GM can dump a contract or two he's going to have a difficult time finding the $$ to sign these two... even at $1m each.

• Love
Reactions: ChicagoBlues

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Are the Oilers forward Dylan Holloway and dman Philip Broberg prime offer sheet candidates? Both are RFA's who currently aren't under contract and the Oilers are at the moment $2.4m over the cap limit with all the signings they've done in the past few days (Skinner, Arvidsson, Henrique, Perry, Janmark, Brown, Stecher, Picard). Unless the new Oilers GM can dump a contract or two he's going to have a difficult time finding the $$ to sign these two... even at $1m each.
not really cause neither are remotely worth the $4 to 4.5 M AAV on a 5yr contract that would make the Oilers pause on matching.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
not really cause neither are remotely worth the $4 to 4.5 M AAV on a 5yr contract that would make the Oilers pause on matching.
Perhaps but do the Oilers have enough money to even match $3m AAV per player? That's $6m plus the $2.4m they are in the hole with now... Where do they find $8.4m in savings to get under the cap limit?
I say offer both players $3m x 3 yrs. The Oilers might be able find the money to match one but I doubt they can do both.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Christ, Mony is saying he signed his healthy 5+ mil x5 contract with Columbus due to his appreciation to city being family oriented and Don Waddell being a very progressive type of GM.

YAWN 🥱

A good one Mony!

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Vegas isn't the type of team to go quietly. Another big move from them is coming whenever they can find a way to upgrade.
They are painting themselves further and further into a corner
I just don't know if this year, or next will be worse?

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Out of all the questionable choices Oilers Ownership group have made, this is certainly one of them.

I don't buy the "he has learned from this experience" malarkey. Standing up for what is right is a character trait, not a choice.
With the multiple allegations against each Katz and Kane...this is far from a surprise IMO

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Out of all the questionable choices Oilers Ownership group have made, this is certainly one of them.

I don't buy the "he has learned from this experience" malarkey. Standing up for what is right is a character trait, not a choice.
He'd like all the credit for three cups, but at the time of the allegation, according to him, he wasn't running the team, McDonough and Quennville were.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
There the Oilers go, being the most reprehensible org in the league again

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
Even ignoring all the bad stuff about Bowman away from hockey, he was never a good GM. He inherited a Dynasty core just like Holland did in Detroit.

Surprised they haven't fired Knobloch yet to hire Babcock or Quenville.

Last edited:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Looks like most Oiler fans, like the rest of us, are baffled by this hire.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
It seems Katz pushed for this hire. Alberta teams and meddling ownership, name a more iconic duo.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
They signed Kane and traded for Perry. Are you still surprised? Toxic organisation.

Funny fact, I was once close to Perry when in Anaheim (watching Blackhawks/Hossa, 1st row behind the bench), I was polite greeting him and he wouldn't even acknowledge that- what an obnoxious c*unt.

Of course Oilers resigned him to another year.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
My storybook outline for the next 8 months of the oilers
Draisatl extends 8x13.75 to set new forward benchmark
Bouchard extends 8x12.0 to set new defense benchmark
Skinners curse remains in place and the oilers finish 20th resulting in them trading 2025 13th OA for the 2024 32nd OA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad