Around the NHL - 2024-25 season.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Are the Oilers forward Dylan Holloway and dman Philip Broberg prime offer sheet candidates? Both are RFA's who currently aren't under contract and the Oilers are at the moment $2.4m over the cap limit with all the signings they've done in the past few days (Skinner, Arvidsson, Henrique, Perry, Janmark, Brown, Stecher, Picard). Unless the new Oilers GM can dump a contract or two he's going to have a difficult time finding the $$ to sign these two... even at $1m each.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Are the Oilers forward Dylan Holloway and dman Philip Broberg prime offer sheet candidates? Both are RFA's who currently aren't under contract and the Oilers are at the moment $2.4m over the cap limit with all the signings they've done in the past few days (Skinner, Arvidsson, Henrique, Perry, Janmark, Brown, Stecher, Picard). Unless the new Oilers GM can dump a contract or two he's going to have a difficult time finding the $$ to sign these two... even at $1m each.
not really cause neither are remotely worth the $4 to 4.5 M AAV on a 5yr contract that would make the Oilers pause on matching.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
not really cause neither are remotely worth the $4 to 4.5 M AAV on a 5yr contract that would make the Oilers pause on matching.
Perhaps but do the Oilers have enough money to even match $3m AAV per player? That's $6m plus the $2.4m they are in the hole with now... Where do they find $8.4m in savings to get under the cap limit?
I say offer both players $3m x 3 yrs. The Oilers might be able find the money to match one but I doubt they can do both.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Christ, Mony is saying he signed his healthy 5+ mil x5 contract with Columbus due to his appreciation to city being family oriented and Don Waddell being a very progressive type of GM.

YAWN 🥱

A good one Mony!

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Vegas isn't the type of team to go quietly. Another big move from them is coming whenever they can find a way to upgrade.
They are painting themselves further and further into a corner
I just don't know if this year, or next will be worse?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad