Around the NHL 2024-2025

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Both Swayman and Binnington are headcases.

Give me a cheap Hofer and Zherenko/Ellis tandem any day. In my opinion, Hofer's earned a starting spot.
This is crazy. Hofer might be ready but who knows if he could handle a starter's workload. Zherenko and Ellis definitely are not.

Thankfully we have a veteran, Stanley Cup winning goaltender who had a phenomenal season last year so we don't have to find out.

Last edited:

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
i still find it nuts this is all over a (very good) tandem goalie who's never put in a full starter's work load

is he even gonna keep the cage enough to be the starter this season and ever be worth all of this drama?

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
This is crazy. Hofer might be ready but who knows if he could handle a starter's workload. Zherenko and Ellis definitely are not.

Thankfully we have a veteran, Stanley Cup winning goaltender who had a phenomenal season last year so we don't have to find out.

Crazy to see so many Blues fans dislike the goalie who brought us the Cup but here we are. Despite his "antics" on the ice, he seems like a pretty levelheaded, humble guy off the ice and I've heard many praise him as a teammate. I'd much rather have Binner at $6 million than Swayman at $8 million or more. He's a proud Blue and will likely retire holding quite a few franchise goalie records.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Crazy to see so many Blues fans dislike the goalie who brought us the Cup but here we are. Despite his "antics" on the ice, he seems like a pretty levelheaded, humble guy off the ice and I've heard many praise him as a teammate. I'd much rather have Binner at $6 million than Swayman at $8 million or more. He's a proud Blue and will likely retire holding quite a few franchise goalie records.
Except for those racist tweets from when he was younger as well. Maybe he was young and dumb, but they were not a good look either. That on top of his on-ice antics, he's an easy guy to dislike.

And this is rich coming from the guy who routinely trashes the captain that brought us a cup.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

Agreed. Sorry but running a Hofer + Zherenko/Ellis tandem is frankly a ridiculous idea IMO. Great way to potentially damage the development of all 3 goalies in the system.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Except for those racist tweets from when he was younger as well. Maybe he was young and dumb, but they were not a good look either. That on top of his on-ice antics, he's an easy guy to dislike.

And this is rich coming from the guy who routinely trashes the captain that brought us a cup.
GTFO of here with this shit, dude.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

There wasn't a single f***ing thing racist that he said. Can't f***ing stand this p***y ass weak as shit society.

Reactions: Reality Czech

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

You're just perpetually cranky, aren't you? Not sure I'd say I "trash" Petro, although I'm definitely a bigger fan of the guy who's proud to wear the Blue Note and stuck around rather than the greedy turncoat who bolted for a little bit more money. I'm a Blues fan, why would I support that guy anymore? Good player though and I appreciate what he did while here.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
You're just perpetually cranky, aren't you? Not sure I'd say I "trash" Petro, although I'm definitely a bigger fan of the guy who's proud to wear the Blue Note and stuck around rather than the greedy turncoat who bolted for a little bit more money. I'm a Blues fan, why would I support that guy anymore? Good player though and I appreciate what he did while here.

"Not sure I'd say I "trash" Petro...the greedy turncoat who bolted for a little bit more money"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad