Around the NHL 2024-2025

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
There isn't a goalie in the world I would take over Shesterkin if my goal was to contend through the next 5 years. He's been a stud in the playoffs for 3 straight years and I think he is the most technically sound goalie I've seen since Price. I'm happy to see the goalie market go through a re-set after a long stagnation. I'm also happy that we aren't in a position where we have to make a decision on that re-set.

Reactions: STL fan in MN

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
There isn't a goalie in the world I would take over Shesterkin if my goal was to contend through the next 5 years. He's been a stud in the playoffs for 3 straight years and I think he is the most technically sound goalie I've seen since Price. I'm happy to see the goalie market go through a re-set after a long stagnation. I'm also happy that we aren't in a position where we have to make a decision on that re-set.

Depends on how Hofer does. I could see him getting a solid chunk of change.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
There isn't a goalie in the world I would take over Shesterkin. There also isn't a goalie in the world I would pay 10m per year for. It's an unfortunate issue since in a vacuum he is the best player in the league at his position, but also paying that position significant money is a great way to handcuff yourself.

Reactions: Majorityof1

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
There isn't a goalie in the world I would take over Shesterkin. There also isn't a goalie in the world I would pay 10m per year for. It's an unfortunate issue since in a vacuum he is the best player in the league at his position, but also paying that position significant money is a great way to handcuff yourself.
I dunno - Florida had some pretty outstanding performances by Bob to win the Cup. Yea he had some stinkers too, but man Bob earned his money. Pretty good the year before too.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

I just don't see why everyone thinks he's so great. Sure, he's good in the regular season but why hasn't NY won a cup with him? Don't give me this wah wah team sport thing when we all damn well that without Binnington we would have lost game 7 plain and simple. I would prefer a mediocre goalie ( not saying Binny is Mediocre) that can go lights out when the pressure is on. Most of us have waited several decades for a goalie to do that for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad