Around the NHL 2023-24 - playoff thread

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
PLD getting traded again so soon is low key hilarious. Can’t be a coincidence that every team he plays for turfs him out sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Alex NJD

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Kings and Kuemper both big winners. I guess the Caps just watched the highlights of PLD taking over the Blue Jackets-Leafs 2020 play-in series and thought that was the guy they were trading for? They desperately need real offensive talent but they seriously went for PLD?

Reactions: My3Sons

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Kings and Kuemper both big winners. I guess the Caps just watched the highlights of PLD taking over the Blue Jackets-Leafs 2020 play-in series and thought that was the guy they were trading for? They desperately need real offensive talent but they seriously went for PLD?
They need a guy to feed Ovechkin on the power play exactly 42 more times before they can finally move on.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just saw Kuemper to the Kings and I was like “what the f*** man? An old, declining goalie with 3 years left? Good one Rob” and then realized it was for PLD and now I understand.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
I just saw Kuemper to the Kings and I was like “what the f*** man? An old, declining goalie with 3 years left? Good one Rob” and then realized it was for PLD and now I understand.

Yah its really good for the Kings. Kicks their goalie problem down the road AND clears a massive cap problem that would trouble them for the next 7 years.

GM of the year type trade, since that award only looks at whats been done during the year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yah its really good for the Kings. Kicks their goalie problem down the road AND clears a massive cap problem that would trouble them for the next 7 years.

GM of the year type trade, since that award only looks at whats been done during the year.
I think there's still a goalie problem, as he was horrible last year behind the same team where some rando 30 year old NHL sophomore performed far better, is old and gets injured all the time.

Somehow they got Talbot and Rittich to look more than competent last year though.

But PLD is a bum and his contract sucks.

NJDfan86

Dec 29, 2021
A little late, but man Grier’s first go as a GM has not been pretty - really hope Macklin and the young guys buy him some time to grow into the role if you’re a Sharks fan, or that he doesn’t continue to make these unforced errors.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A little late, but man Grier’s first go as a GM has not been pretty - really hope Macklin and the young guys buy him some time to grow into the role if you’re a Sharks fan, or that he doesn’t continue to make these unforced errors.
He's absolutely worthless.

I expect the Sharks to be bad for a long time. How bad were we after we blew up it up post-Lou? We're still not a consistent playoff team 9 years later.

I fully expect the Sharks to still not be a consistent playoff team in let's say 7 years from now, since they're already 2 years into them blowing it up. If you can even consider blowing it up.

Reactions: Darkauron

NJDfan86

Dec 29, 2021
He's absolutely worthless.

I expect the Sharks to be bad for a long time. How bad were we after we blew up it up post-Lou? We're still not a consistent playoff team 9 years later.

I fully expect the Sharks to still not be a consistent playoff team in let's say 7 years from now, since they're already 2 years into them blowing it up. If you can even consider blowing it up.

Even if he was perfect they might not be a consistent playoff team in 7 years - but he is certainly isn’t helping speed it along by making shrewd moves. Right now sharks fans best hope is that it’s too early for these mistakes to damage the long term outlook.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad